Good Morning Friday 11th August 2023

Morning all!

Been researching other things I want to buy. My plantar fasciitis may be returning. I’m trying to find a way to work on that inexpensively.

Neighbor was out making noise in the afternoon. Thankfully no blasting music.

I’ll have to play it by ear today.

Have a good day everyone.

Good morning!
Bright & sunny …

…which is annoying and frustrating as besides my usual fulfilling and action packed lifestyle (!) I had planned on going away this weekend

Unfortunately a couple of days ago I started with a cold - not really ill, just a bit sniffly, tired, cold & achy
So my plan now is to have another cup of coffee, go back to bed for a couple of hours, and see how I feel for the rest of the day

1 Like

Morning not looking good at the moment 🫤 overcasted could rain :umbrella:

1 Like

Good morning all ,
another warm day forcast
,I broke the Handle on my Double Glazed window yesterday , the window is 9 year old … I called the installer who said the Guarantee on the handle was a year , so out of date , But my window was still in guarantee, so I only have to pay for the handle .

I was looking at some Holiday Accomadation last night , for Oct/Nov… I carnt make my mind up ,its affordable , but the weather is unpredictable …I shall sit on it for a day …

Have a good day all

Morning all, sun is out.
Not going out today, might just walk down to the Sea Wall.
Have a nice day all.

Morning all.

Zulu, hope you manage your weekend away and feel better soon.

Just a trip out to find some duck tape for the greenhouse. Once I have put it round some connectors I can try and get the cover on, but might need help with that. Then I have to work out what to put on the soil inside to stop the weeds. Might look for some fake grass. I don’t have the strength to get paving slabs, unless there are some thinner lighter ones on the market.

Hi good morning all

It’s an overcast warm day forecast.
Meeting up with a friend for cake and coffee nothing planned.

Ha ha I’ve been doing the same thing .
I am away to North Wales in 2 weeks time … to visit the 4 mighty fortresses.
Then I thought Bridport Dorset as the weather can be good in October .

1 Like

I went away in Ocober last year it was good weather and , before the clocks are turned back . Im looking at going up north to the East Yorkshire coast this time , it was Norfolk last year …

1 Like

Yorkshire perfect … do book it

1 Like

Huh! … Well … I went back to bed but couldn’t settle, so I’ve got up again but don’t feel any better so I’ve decided not to go away
It’s a shame, but there’s not much point if I don’t really feel up to it, and there’s still some summer left
Fortunately I have only myself to consider, so it won’t affect anyone else

ELIZA - I had planned on going to a couple of museums in East Yorkshire, the museum of farming & Elvington aircraft museum
I had also wanted to cruise around the Howardian hills
But they’ll all have to wait

Meanwhile I’m fortifying myself with strong sweet tea, and watching restoration videos on YouTube, which are strangely relaxing yet addictive
These channels are good, but there are many others

Screws and tools
357magdad
LADB Restoration

1 Like

Hi

Absolute gridlock here, no locals going anywhere, such is the Flower Show.

There is an hours wait for the local drive through McDonalds.

@zuludog hope you are feeling better soon , maybe another weekend you can go , I know its not long before a lot of places close for the winter .
Im looking more on the coastline , I want to see a bit of Sea and Sand this year.