Good Morning and Happy New Year - 1st January 2022

Happy New Year everybody.

Anybody amongst us got a hangover? :grinning:

1 Like

Good morning everyone and a Happy New Year from me too… :clinking_glasses:

Here’s wishing a good 2022 for you all. :blush:

1 Like

Happy new year everyone.

No hangover here. I had just one drink at lunchtime, a snowball. Alcohol, even a small drop of wine, interferes with my sleep.

Dog and I were in bed by 10, sleep impossible for awhile due to fireworks. She is unfazed by them, thankfully.

1 Like

Happy New Year everyone. :smiley:

1 Like

Wish I was in Australia :frowning:

1 Like

Good morning everyone :smiley: a happy and healthy new year to you all.

I went to bed at 11 but the fireworks some of which sounded like bombs went on until 12;45. Chloe doesn’t usually mind them but was unsettled this time and I got up at 4am, dressed and took her a walk down past the church where I met Michael and his lurcher Boot who was also unsettled.
I went back to bed but didn’t sleep just snugged down and listened to the radio.

I am off to a good New Year start by ordering vegetable seeds, runner beans , French beans and salad leaves. I like to order early while there is a choice of variety.

Off to do some work, enjoy your day :smiley:

1 Like

Morning all, dry for the Alf walk, not much planned nor will be done, happy new all. Enjoy.

1 Like

Happy New Year, and a healthy year ahead, let’s hope say, Amen!..:pray:

1 Like

Happy New year 2022! The sun is shining.

1 Like

Good morning and a very Happy New Year to you all.

What a year! I’m so pleased it is behind us, now is the time to look forward with positive thoughts.

There were fireworks going off from 6pm last night and at 11.55 the big hotel down the road from us started their firework display. So noisy but a grand display.

Phone calls from our son and daughter ended the year perfectly, I went to bed at 12.45am, slept undisturbed until 09.45am :astonished:…… the best sleep I have had for years!

Enjoy your day everyone, stay safe x

1 Like

I am pretty sure that Rapid Antigen Tests (RAT) have replaced PCR tests for entry to Queensland however in NSW you have to buy them and they are as rare as hens teeth at the moment

PCR tests are free and RAT tests are free in Victoria but not yet in NSW, if you can get them I think they are about $15 from a Chemist or supermarket.

BTW instead of the usual million plus people lining the harbour for the NYE Fireworks there were 36000, they didn’t even distribute all the tickets for some areas apparently - there was plenty of spaces.

1 Like

I watched them on TV, they didn’t show anyone else watching them live though, they stayed on the actual fireworks then went to a choir singing & back to the fireworks, did that twice.

Happy New Year to all! I hope it will better than this one.

1 Like

Mornming all, and Happy New Year. Let’s hope it’s a lot better than the last one ey.

Like others have said, blasted fireworks going on and off all evening, then some ear-splitting bangers at midnight till around 12.30. I really do think they should not sell those loud ones for use late at night. In fact, I wish the loud ones weren’t even made in the first place.

I went to bed just before 12, and sat up reading, then had a quick text chat to a dear friend at midnight then slept happily until late this morning. First year I can ever remember not hearing Big Ben, but I couldn’t find what channel it was on in time. :frowning_face:

Have a good day folks.

1 Like

If there were fireworks here I never heard them, three beers and I was dead to the world.

It was on BBC1 but the entertainment leading up to it was so dire everyone I know was watching Jools Holland on BBC2. The choir at what I think was the Globe theatre was quite nice singing Auld Lang Syne after midnight.

Somebody’s family has been turned upside down here. A man’s body has been found in the sea, right near Susie’s home. I did see a report on FB that somebody had been reported missing on the 29th December, when his car was found in a nearby car park. As yet, this one has no firm ID but people are already naming a relative (wife?) on their posts. Just so very sad. :cry::cry:

From what I gather from Twitter this morning, the Graham Norton show spent a great deal of the programme slagging Boris off. Whatever happened to light entertainment?

1 Like

@Mags Sounds like this year is off to a perfect start

1 Like

What do you expect when his guests included Michael Sheen that well-known well-to-the-left agitator from the “Valleys”?

Oh God, wasn’t BBC1’s effort pre-midnight total crap? Jools was better but not by much I have to say. I think what made it worse was each of these shows was pre-recorded except for the choir.