Good Morning/Afternoon - Wed 20th July

Good Morning/Afternoon everyone

Going to be another hot one - 80f in the shade by lunchtime. Another wasted day.

Stay as cool as you can!

O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay! I went to the Post Office to pick up an unexpected parcel, guess what?

Still cold 14° but now it is showery as well.

While I was in the Mall I did a bit of shopping and picked up a couple of packages from the Amazon Lockers I now have some ABS filament to try and some P2 face masks now that covid is on the rise again.

All my kids are arriving today and tomorrow as my second ex wife is in a serious condition in hospital I will ferry them there in stages as there are restrictions on visits. I won’t be visiting her but it is a worry for them of course.

Have fun

5 Likes

good morn all

hot and clamy here as well and overcast at the moment looks like rain on the way

@Bruce - Wow! Those are really colourful, Bruce, and they look really comfortable.

Not something I would have bought for myself but one of my kids bought them for me after the demise of my other pair. I only wear them in the garden for quick trips to the garage or when I am putting out the bins so their brightness is wasted a bit.

2 Likes

@Bruce - Had a little smile when I read the word ‘Mickey’ - where I come from that is a euphemism for something else!!

Wacky shoes luvm Bruce.

It’s looking cooler today …phew

Morning/G’d Day all.

Love the Sandals Bruce.

Nothing planned for today, just resting.

Have a good day all.

Morning.

Dog walk done, but no toilet. *sigh
Brought bin back into the garden. Watched it being emptied earlier. Yesterday was due collection but too hot, obvs.

Just another meet in the cafe at 2. No other plans.

Love them…I would love some to slip on in and out of the house :slight_smile:

Good morning everyone

Its hot but not like yesterday thank goodness…no builders as we are waiting for the roofers to finish another job…im hoping they will be here tomorrow but bet they won’t be…sigh

Off to see some work surfaces today for the kitchen…should be fun:)

Have a good day everyone

A touch cooler forecast for here, but still 30°C they say but still, an improvement on yesterday .:sunglasses:

Still very little happening here now that the dog’s been walked so I may risk going down the garden and picking the last of the blackcurrants, but no other plans…

Enjoy the day everyone :blush:

Just had a phone call from the roofers…they are here tomorrow…hooray!!!..doing a jig :dancer:

1 Like

Hi

Good Morning All

Back in my second home since early yesterday. A long wait for the ambulance then a 5 hour wait in it outside in the heat before getting into Resus.

It was chaos, moved 4 times and got onto the Ward just after midnight.

I have acute gastroenteritis. Yuk.

Very dehydrated and kidneys not working.

Loads of IV Drips etc and now feeling much better but still confined to bed and not eating.

The place was full of people who had been drinking heavily in the extreme heat and injuring themselves and others.

The waits outside the hospital where so bad my crew only managed 2 pickups in a 12 hour shift

The lead paramedic was from the RAF.

Have a good day all.

Get well soon, Swim.

Morning all.

Slightly cooler here today, at 25c instead of the 40c yesterday. Must be grateful for small mercies I suppose. Dogs are a bit happier too.
I’ve got so many scorched plants from the heat over the last two days, I do hope they recover. Still rain forecast this afternoon and this evening, so loets hope it’s more than a few spots.

I’ve got to pop out and locate some distilled water, but won’t be going much further…
Enjoy your day all.

P.S. Like the Crocs, Bruce. :+1:

Morning all.

Yesterday was a fake out. It didn’t cool down as I hoped it would. Right after I wrote my morning post, the temperature started to rise back up. I won’t jinx it today, but I’m hoping it goes down today.

I’m hoping to make it to an online masterclass today, but if it’s too hot, I may have to adjust my schedule. Cooling down my place takes priority over everything at the moment.

Have a beautiful rainbow-colored day everyone.

Get well soon Gibbs, thinking of you.

Two of my kids arrived this arvo so we decided to eat at the club, things not cheap there any more, my porterhouse steak meal cost $25 (£13), before the pandemic few meals cost more than $20 now they are all over that. Just a sign of the times I guess however I can’t complain about the steak it was delicious and cooked perfectly.

Afterwards we had a few more beers and put $2 in the chocolate machine look what came out. My daughter also put $2 in and won bugger all.

Good end to the day and now to bed…

1 Like

Thank goodness it is feeling a more appreciated 21°C here at the moment, the last couple of days have been too much for me. Rain has been forecast for around 2pm here. :crossed_fingers:

@Bruce … love your crocs, you may start a new fashion there! :smiley:

@swimfeeders I’m so sorry to hear you are back in hospital again. Thinking of you and wishing you well again.

Get better soon Swimmy!
That’s an instruction, not a request!!

2 Likes