Golf observation+photography observation for Barry

I was thinking (wow) the other day what is the point? first of all is carrying around a bag of sticks with a strange ends. then a ball with pimples all over it.

The object appears to be is to clobber the ball with the sticks a hard as possible . Then chase after it usually hunting in the long grass where it has vanished. If lucky to find it then pick it up and throw it back onto the short cut grass to wack it again. Oh that is not the end by any means. Eventually getting onto the finely cut grass with a hole and a flag in it is to remove the flag. Then comes the dance proceedure by walking all around even to getting the head right onto the grass. This can happen many times before the foot shuffle originally seen before any of this happens at the very start,
The funniest part is seeing the absolute delight of the golfer picks the ball out of the hole,he has taken upteen shots to get to, and watching him/her jump in delight.
This can happen repeatedly up to 18 times depending on the course. What has been achieved? Aching legs and exhaustion if hot weather and spending the rest of the evening at a club bar discussing every hole in great detail to others who could not care less. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

It’s the old adage Speedy, to each his own poison…

Personally I could write something just as scathing about the abject futility of your own hobby of photography, but as long as you enjoy it then live and let live, and the same to golfers… :smirk:

3 Likes

A lot of money.

A good walk ruined. :joy:
I’m kidding. Golf isn’t my thing but at least it’s a sport that gets people together and out of their house.

Golf has never been my thing and it’s something which has passed me by in life as I can never see the fascination with it. There again, if people like it and get something out of it, it’s not for me to say otherwise. Each to their own, as they say.

Taking the micky" used to be one of the things the English were good at, something the new generation miss out on. just harmless bit of fun

We Scots did it too…

for Barry

Just been thinking about photographers.

Observing the habits of a photographer can take days. To start with they dissapear into a shop and stand around gazing at cameras for a long time not knowing what to get. Eventually approaching the shop counter and asking the assisted which camera they should get, as if the assistant knows. After trying out a couple eventually buying one and walks out.
So off they toddle to take photos and the camera doesn’t work, They forgot to charge and put a battery in. You remember the story about this when Dawn and I came across one such person. So having learn’t the basics ,ie pressing the shutter button with a nose pressed against the back of the camera they take a photo. they repeat this several times more during the day.

At the end of the day great excitement to see the photo taken. There is the fantastic blurred one- the one of the ground- the missed bird in sky so just a sky shot etc. etc
Next they join a camera to show off their fantastic photos for all other members to laugh at. doesn’t go back to the camera club again. Next joins an online photographic course and baffeled by the technical terms used so abandons that idea as well. Eventually the camera gets put in a cupboard draw never to be seen again.

So takes up golf instead :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

I was a golf widow … as my Mr Ripple was a mad keen golfer indeed he was the clubs golf captain.

A round took 4 hrs then there’s the 19th hole, he would often be gone all day , especially when there was a visiting team :wink:

Then there were the ghastly social events , the gossip the frocks omg :scream: I’m glad those days are over !

But it did get him out, its good exercise … and he always had a decent sweater…