Golden wedding

just a few for tomorrow came earlier

6 Likes

How special will this be! I’m very happy for you both! :smiley:

Congratulations on your Golden Wedding Anniversary tomorrow, what a wonderful achievement, hope you both enjoy your special day…:partying_face::partying_face:

1 Like

A very Happy and Special Golden Wedding to you both!

1 Like

Thank you ST and Pauline and PK

Yes it was way back in 1972 on this day it all happened. Me looking posh ( Sue demanded it) and Sue in a white dress with a white cape over it. THe full church thing she wanted. I wanted a Rollls Royce car but they turned up with an Huge Austin Princess . It even snowed on that day later on I remember. How we met is another story. We Had 78 friends and relatives at a sit down cooked hot meal in the local hall.
Times were tough, We had just bought a 2 bed mid terrace house owned by a cousin-in-law, Save so hard when we got engaged 18 months previous you would not believe. Guzzumping was rife and getting a house nigh impossible. Mortgage interest at around 15% I seem to remember. Honeymoon was off the cards until we had a surprise gift I have mentioned before so off we went to Tunisia, I have told this story before.
First time going through our own front door was amazing, the house was OURS, we could have people in or not as we pleased. Then came the gas supply problems as the house was built in the mid 1920’s and the service gas pipe to the house needed replacing. Again cutting the story short it took according to my father 22 gas men to do the repair in total including a emergency stand by crew incase of injury,The road was even closed apparently
So new house to us and also a new job with BT, so life had changed dramatically. Very little money huge mortgage and no money to furnish the house with, all we had was a bed cooker and fridge and a couple of deck chairs or and a small b/w tv… Stayed there for 2 years with pain in the arse neighbours who thought they owned everything as they had lived next door for years,
Moved to a 3 bed semi and then BT engineers went on strike which left us with nothing and had to borrow off Sue’s sister and quickly paid her back ASAP. Again this house needed work done on it and I added a side flank extension mentioned before somewhere, Also had 2 sons by this time or thereabouts
Parents died and left enough for us to move and buy a brand new 4 bed detached with double garage.
BT went private and the job went down hill with idiots as managers straight out of uni, without a clue about the job and cut job time so much it was impossible to do it all in a day, even not having a lunch break .Stress set in big time and me being physically sick on the way home in the car and terrible megraine attacks . So left BT uner their vol, retirement plan.

Sue is fantastic stuck with me during all of this

So next move was up to the midlands having managed to buy a run down boarding kennels and cattery. This took many years to rebuild the business and often we had to wait until we got the money from boaridng to meet the bills, it was a struggle yet again.
Social life was around dog showing which was Sue’s main interest and having her own Afghan hounds as well really from nearly the beginning of out married life.
Now up to present time and having sold the kennels yet another move to where we are now and fantastic neighbours. For hopefully the last time putting right what the previous owned balls up big time. At the moment roofers are doing hopefully the last repaires to the roof after those gales

So that is a very brief rundown of the last 50 years and quite a journey. Lots of good times and a lot of very worrying times , Without Sue we would not have made it that is for sure.

4 Likes

Happy Golden Wedding Anniversary, Speedy.
May there be many more yet. :+1:

1 Like

Thank you Mups an Chillie, something only once in a lifetime

2 Likes

Congratulations to you and Sue! We celebrated our Golden Wedding last August. It seemed no time at all that we’d taken Mr B’s parents out to celebrate their Golden Wedding, and now here we were. Time really does fly!

I do sometimes think 50 years of marriage is an achievement that will become a thing of the past, with so much divorce these days.

1 Like

thank you both as well. Just golt back frolm a hue dinner with Sue at our favourite pub/ carvery. Now with full belly it is time to have a little kips

1 Like

Congratulations.

Anymore Golden Wedding. Anniversary cards delivered RS?

How many in Total?..did you receive today?

I read you are now having a kip after a lovely meal with your wife…Congratulations to you both.

Many congratulations to you both.

Many GOLDEN congratulations to you both, Realspeed. May you have many more anniversaries together.

Yes the big day is almost over and thank you all so much . It is not the same as having a birthday or even Christmas. This is a once in a lifetime and for one reason or another not everyone is able to get to celebrate the event which is a shame. To me it means a lot after what we have been through over those years and nearly didn’t make it a few years back.

Life is for living and getting the most out of it while you can. I quickly realised that when I came out of hospital. If you can also make others happy on the journey than that is a bonus worth doing. Thanks again to everyone that let me sometimes play the fool on here with bad jokes and whatever I post, even serious or not subjects

2 Likes

I am so glad you have had a lovely day, RS…and you both deserve it so much after everything. I agree, life is for living…:+1: May you and Sue continue to enjoy your life together for many more years! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Congratulations RS! What an awesome achievement!

1 Like

Congratulations to you both x💕

Many Congratulations to you both from me x :heart: :clap: :raised_hands::bouquet: