Golden retriever missing

A few days ago Hubby was asked if he had seen a golden retriever running around by herself. She had been rescued from a puppy farm and been in her new home a month. She was out being walked and she got frightened by a noise and ran off. don’t know how long she can cope being outside for so long. This was on a lamppost up the road from us.

Honey’s family must be frantic, I hope she is home again soon.

When a dog near me went missing they flooded social media with details, days turned into weeks, and they didn’t think they would ever get him back, but they did. He had run out of the park, someone found him, but tried to sell him on, but the potential buyer had seen his details, and contacted the owners, and they got him back, the guy that was trying to sell him was from miles away.

1 Like

I hope so, I can’t imagine what she’s going through.

Poor dog.
I hope she is safe.

1 Like

I can’t imagine how the owner must feel. Hopefully somebody can find her and get back to her owners.

1 Like

that’s so sad, they must be heartbroken. I do hope they get her back.

1 Like

Thank you, I don’t know how to find out unless I join up for doglost.co.uk

I may be wrong Logan, but I didn’t think you had to sign up for anything in DogLost?
I sometimes have a look in there to see what is missing/found in my local area, but I haven’t had to join anything.

Just had a look again, and there have been no sightings of her to date.

1 Like

Thank you @Mups I wondered about that.
Just a update, Honey has been found and is alright. She must have been taken in because her collar and lead was found on a bench. They must have thought that they couldn’t keep her so let her out again. She was found in some bushes not far from us. She wouldn’t come out until the adopted owner brought her other dog and she came out and back at home.

5 Likes

Wonderful news :grinning:

1 Like

Thank you @Minx yes I’m very happy and relieved.

1 Like

So pleased, lovely to have a happy ending.

I always think of a wagging tail as a happy ending

1 Like

Thank you @Maver-rik

1 Like

Thank you @Mups I wondered about that.
Just a update, Honey has been found and is alright. She must have been taken in because her collar and lead was found on a bench. They must have thought that they couldn’t keep her so let her out again. She was found in some bushes not far from us. She wouldn’t come out until the adopted owner brought her other dog and she came out and back at home.

Really pleased she is safe again now, thanks for letting us know, Logan.
Might sound hard, but I hope her owners will learn from this too.
Didn’t you say they had only had her about 4 weeks when she took off?
Anyway, alls well that ends well.

1 Like

We had a dog arrive in the Garden way back now…the collar had a phone number on it…when the owners arrived they had a huge cake to give us…
happy endings…

2 Likes

That’s great @DianneWoollie yes it’s nice to have a happy ending and thank you.

Yes thank you, I would have thought that they would have taken precautions because of her being a nervous dog and never been out before until she was rehomed 4 weeks ago and kept in the dark with no contact with people apart from being fed and mated.

1 Like