Going Camping for a Week

Happy hols Dan… :blush:

1 Like

So anyway, I drive about an hour and a half to get to the Arapaho Bay Park. I drive around the lake 3 times taking photos. It was about 1300 Zulu time, so I made to set up camp for the night. This lady in a golf cart with the cutest pit bull riding with her. She said “Hun, did you already pay for the night. I responded “No Ma’am, I didn’t see a kiosk anywhere.” She smiled and said that’s OK follow me in your car. She jumps in the golf cart and off we go. We pull up to one of those bulletin board signs, you know the kind it has a large map that says “You are Here” and shows the park. I’m wondering why are we here. She points to a little brown box, kinda like a mailbox. It’s nondescript brown no label or instructions. She reaches in and pulls out an envelop, then goes through this complicated procedure of this part is your receipt, this part needs to go in your vehicle window. Then she took my money and put it in what was left of the envelop seals it walks 4 feet to a nondescript brown pole with a slot and drops it in. The whole time my mind is screaming “You honestly expect people to figure this out, with no signage or instructions?” instead I said “I can’t believe I missed it.”(heavy on the sarcasm). She missed the sarcasm and said “Don’t worry I’ve had people standing right in front of it and missed it.” Now my mind is screaming “And that didn’t give you a clue?”. So now I’m looking at the pit bull like Really!? Pit bull(Grace was her name btw) is looking at me like “What she feeds me I’m not getting into this.”
So money paid I go back finish setting up my tent, and it starts raining. Not just a little I mean buckets. I’m thinking cool, it not supposed to last and I can get shots of raindrops, hanging on leaves and such. I had also planned on taking star photos. Rain didn’t stop. It let up a little now and then, occasionally the sun came back out. Then it darkened considerably, and started back up.
So here I am more than 100 miles from home sitting in my car watching a movie wearing headphones, waiting on the rain. The second day still raining. I got angry. I did not drive over 100 miles to watch movies and YouTube. So I packed up and came back. Gonna try again later. I really love that lake and can’t wait to practice some Long Exposure photography there. Funny side note my streaming worked OK,not great, but trying to get on OFF was worse than dial up and when I finally got to the new site I couldn’t find a way to sign in on my phone, which is OK considering how slow the connection was I doubt I could have posted.
Anyway here are some of the shots I did get:
This is when I first arrived

My official greeter

2 Likes

5 Likes

Great photos again Danny. Shame about the weather. Hopefully you will find some time when the weather improves to try again.

1 Like

5 Likes

As you can see from the photos, the roads are mainly dirt. So 2 days of rain I have to go wash my Jeep today so I can tell what color it is.

1 Like

Perfect pics Danny. Beautiful scenery. I hope you get the camping right the next time (and the weather plays along). Look at the bright side, at least you’ll know how and where to ‘check-in’ :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great photos of beautiful scenery, Danny… :grinning:

1 Like

Remember I had on a knee brace and was using a crutch to get around. So watching me do a balancing act with my camera, must have been hilarious, especially when I had that big lens on there.

Great piccies. To be fair, even I managed to work out the “how to pay” instructions on that notice on your first picture.

1 Like

Most State Parks in Colorado I’ve been to have manned kiosk at the entrance, but my experience is limited.

1 Like

Talking to yourself everyone does, just thinking out loud.

Try the French ones, now you know how simple it is… :thinking:
Love looking at Photos and yours are spectacular.
.I have and old beer box in the other room, said to some good friends yesterday, I find I view some of them every day…
the look was real strange that I got back…Well I love Photos old and new…
Memories are made in them…
I laughed at your Rain, as when we have not had a touring Caravan with us, would be a couple of tents…love tents when dry…hate tents when wet…
Slept in one when it had rained and rained and rained…everything was wet…sleeping bags grossly so wet… passionately hate camping in the rain
So just need a reliable long range Wx forecast for that area your going back to.
What happen to your leg Danny?

2 Likes

I hate ironing too but I have to iron since the heat element isn’t working in our dryer but I make sure I have fun doing it. The music is on and I’m a singin’ & dancing’:grin:

Oopssss…. ( forgot topic )
Have fun Danny
Great photos.

2 Likes

Don’t honestly think Bratti, you need to be word perfect in the new forum… it is in fact more laid back and easy going… and tour guilded for some posts, which is a great feature…
… Danny talks laundry and you and Minx pass comment on ironing, fine surely…my pet also… hate unless I am dressmaking, and then I thoroughly enjoy ironing the seams of a newly made item…
I said a B word the other day in a post that could easily have sounded snap back…it got deleted…that is how is should work… :innocent:

4 Likes

I love how every thread is an octopus. It starts off and grows side threads along the way. Always makes me laugh. :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Music will get you through anything :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Thank you ladies.:hugs: :heart::hugs:

1 Like

It looks a beautiful place for a holiday Danny :slightly_smiling_face:
Love the wildlife photographs…

1 Like

Beautiful photos! Colorado in summer is heavenly. Are there drought conditions there or are the lake and water levels due to the long-gone snow melt? Enjoy!

1 Like