God is a Woman

This is nice, it showed up on my Apple Music playlist today:

It seems to be inspired by the death of Mahsa Amini, who was killed by the morality police in Iran for ‘not wearing her headscarf properly’. I think it will resonate with women all over the world where men are intent on legislating or telling women what they can or can’t do with their own bodies, or those who are subject to domestic violence and/or other inequalities or prejudice.

1 Like

Hi, this is an automated message from your friendly Over50sChat bot :039:

Please note this thread has been tagged with our diversity-and-equality tag and so as part of our duty of care towards all members of the community and our general social responsibility of supporting fairness and equality for everyone, these threads have special status here.

This means you should only participate in this thread if you/your comments are supportive of equality for everyone, regardless of their race, gender, gender identity, sexuality, able-bodiedness or in fact any other physical or mental attribute that is beyond their control.

You can see a full list here of items and examples of when this tag may be used, but in general, these threads are for those who want to help foster a more inclusive atmosphere and to show support to those who may be in minority groups - that the site and many of our members support and welcome you. Thank you for your understanding and for helping make the Over50sChat community the best it can be!

:white_heart: :yellow_heart: :brown_heart: :black_heart: :blue_heart: :purple_heart: :heart:
:sparkling_heart: :orange_heart:
:rainbow_flag:

well said bot lets keep it as equall colorful as we are able

I was at the Nan Tien Temple on the 1st December for my friend to have a quick pray. But the God of Prosperity had been wheeled out presumably for the New Year, he is definitely not a woman, I think the Goddess of Mercy is the only female god - She has a shrine at the top of those stairs, you have to go up more stairs for the shine with the three Buddha (always an odd number).

BTW I threw 20c into the water so I should be right for next year.

I forgot to mention that the Nan Tien Temple is entirely female priests/nuns (not sure what they are called)

Also it is the biggest Buddhist Temple in the Southern Hemisphere (not that that is much of a challenge)

https://www.nantien.org.au/en/

Nice song .
Sadly in counties where women are abused the abuse is sometimes supported by woman themselves .
Ie FGM a custom that is carried out by woman .
Honour killing the same .
Generally however abuse of woman on a grand scale is done by men .

if God is really a women hasn’t she lost control of good things on earth whilst watching the rest of the universe?

That’s another topic,:sweat_smile::pray::heartpulse:

I never believed god was a man with a white beard, as Michelangelo would have us believe. A woman is more fitting to religious concepts.

Look at pre-christianity, we had Mother Nature, a more plausible thing to worship.

And now after 2,000 years, we have female vicars taking over, more apt somehow.

and women PM’s beginning to appear too - who on earth is goin do the chores - dunna look at me laddie!

God point gumbud.

God is a man because no woman could screw up like that - George Carlin

If God was women she would never have let the world get this bad before shouting " that’s it I’ve had enough of all of this lets get cleanin it all up right now " and I reckon Greta Thunberg is in training and next in line"!!