Goats milk vs cows milk

I thought to be healthier I would try to have goats milk instead of cows milk. But a week later I started to suffer with joint pains which appear to be relieved by drinking cows milk. I found this quite fascinating as over the years (other than a bout of transient knee osteo in my early 30s) I have rarely had joint pain.

It’s interesting how a change of diet can have such an effect. Has anyone else had a reaction to goats milk? This goats milk was pasteurised so it can’t be that.

I also tried M&S sheeps milk yoghurt which was very nice with muesli. But now I am worried about touching anything different as all the plant based versions also disagree with me.

2 Likes

I’ve been drinking copious amounts of Cows milk since I was a nipper snapper Annie…And there’s nothing wrong with me…
:slightly_smiling_face:
However, I do believe there is a link between changing diets and suffering new found aches and pains. Call me boring if you will, but my menu for the week changes very little throughout the year. Most of my recent digestion problems I believe, have been caused by medication, but that same medication has probably allowed me to continue living an active life, and who knows, perhaps prevented another heart attack. I will always, as far as possible, research my medication before taking it. It’s harder with food off the supermarket shelf, they do so much to it to preserve and transport it and make it look presentable, so even old standards like bread, milk, butter and eggs are not the same as they used to be, and only travelled a few miles from the nearest farm back in the day, heaven only knows where it comes from now.
Apples from South Africa, France or New Zealand, Sprouts from Morocco…I’ve started taking notice of where half the stuff in Tesco comes from and you would be surprised at some of the places that things, we could grow here, actually come from. I don’t think people are serious when they talk about carbon neural and net zero…But that’s for another topic…

2 Likes

On the subject of Cows Milk, my Son was feeling tired daily more than was usual , , hes was drinking quite a lot of Milk when he looked into his symptoms and Milk he found Milk can interfare with iron which gives you energy.
I think I got that right , he drank less milk and seemed to feel better …

1 Like

sorry if its off track with original post but few of these machines are popping up here in our county anyone ever used them.

Clare farm to put milk on tap
Banner couple scoop Farm Ideas award with dairy dispenser

2 Likes

I remember having milk machines when I was a very young child, they were outside shops like Express Dairy.
Haven’t seen one for about 50 years though.

1 Like

We had cow’s mill from from our farm everyday. Just straight from the udders. I miss that.

I have have a plant based milk . Previously I had skimmed

Brilliant Feey, I wish they did something like that here, I’d use it…

Sorry Ripple, you can’t have plant based milk, it’s not milk, it has to be called something else.
Milk only comes direct from an animal… :018:

1 Like

I plan to check my local markets for Goats milk …

I have had goats milk but found it had a funny smell.
I use soya milk now and occasionally oat, they are especially nice for custard.

I have tried goats milk in the past, but, to me, it tastes a bit like “goat”, which I had not expected…
I have been around goats, they do have a particular “smell”…and, the milk, to me had a bit of that smell as the “taste”…

2 Likes

Its known as you get older that changing your diet ,can cause havoc ,especially if on medication as well

When my husband was on warfarin , what ever his diet , he had to stick to it ,if he changed it slightly he had to adjust his INR dose,

He once asked if he could have a wee dram of whiskey ,over the christmas
And was only allowed , if he carried on drinking it everyday, or his warfarin levels would go haywire, so he didnt bother !!

Well I’ve got to be 73 years old and fairly fit Cosmos, so I reckon I must have been eating the right stuff up until now, so I’ll just carry on eating everything that’s edible… :yum:

1 Like

I agree - more or less. A few things like fatty meats for example.

1 Like