Giving talking books a go - any recommendations?

I used to love reading but seem to have lost interest, so I thought I would give talking books a go.

Googled and found 14 Websites To Find Thousands Of Free Audiobooks Online | Book Riot

Tried a couple of things from there but didn’t work. Lost interest in google.

So any recommendations? Classics, the latest crime fiction, something gripping, read by a good storyteller.

And free of charge, at least to begin with.

3 Likes

Just realised … are they better known as audiobooks?

1 Like

Not talking books, but I get weekly updates involving “hourly histories”, which are short books for my kindle and do take less than an hour to read.

Will use your links though @d00d. Thanks

Think so. That’s what I thought you meant.

Yup, they are usually referred to as audio books :003:

As for recommendations, I recently listen to Civilized to Death by Christopher Ryan and I thought it was great - highly recommended :023:

1 Like

You’re plugging that book a lot. Assuming you’ve not got a financial interest, it must be good!!

Thanks, but where do you find such … books, stories, plays etc on the internet?

Amazon Audible David… there’s a free trial here:

1 Like

I think you may find a selection on youtube
I tried listening to a youtube Agatha Christie novel , its a good way to lul me to sleep .

2 Likes

I have a lot of audio books on CD’s. Terry Pratchett, Anne McCaffrey & a few others. I prefer the unabridged as you get the whole book then, not highlights, but boy are they long. I think I am happier with a proper book though. When on audio there’s nothing to do with my hands. :grinning:

3 Likes

YouTube! Just put audiobooks in the search box, or the authors name if you are looking for someone in particular - there are hundreds! I use it a lot when I am card making.

3 Likes