Getting from Brazil to Uk

My Brazilian daughter in law was supposed to be flying over today with our youngest grandaughter. Simple enough? you must be joking. The brazilian authorities claim all children are brazilian irrespectrive of having duel nationality. The documention is horrendous so my son seeked help from the agency arranging it all. That is where the problem arose, the person he spoke to gabbled away quickly in brazilian so my son asked several times for her to speak slower so he could understand. the form he spent an hour over with the agent was in brazilian and the authorities at the airport demanded to see one in English, so she missed the flight. Now they have to go through the whole proceedure again. everything is put in their way purely to stop children leaving Brazil, this happened before when the other granchildren came over. Hopefully this time they have the right documents.

I don’t understand the Brazilian Authorities reasons for putting obstacles in their way, Surely the documents in Brazilian (their own language) would be correct. I can foresee the next attempt to get to the UK the excuse for stopping them is they don’t read or understand English and want it in Brazilian.
Maybe because the granchild has a UK passport? I don’t know if this is the reason or not
what is really annoying is they were coming over in time for a grandaughters birthday and a school parents evening

I hope everything got sorted, its also quite a problem bringing a child from India unless BOTH parents are travelling with the child…
my son flew in and out of Brazil quite frequently, and the Brazilians gave them a priority desk at immigration then for som reason the closed the prority desk, so after the long flight they had to wait in line, lol, i dont dissagree with that but my son did and refused to go again… i think the brazilians speak Portugese…

The Brazilians have a completely different way of life. If it’s yours wrong it theirs , women have little rights everything is owned by the man of the house. No concept of sharing anything . Corruption is rife from the top down. That is the bad side but oh what a beautiful country. They are missing out so much in the tourist industry it is unbelievable. What it needs in my opinion is stop the corruption open up the tourist industry .stop the greed as well.

I would have thought that the child having a UK passport the Embassy could have stepped in. is it a UK passport or an EU passport, because there is a difference, we always thought there wasnt, but UK tourists can stay up to 180 days in India with a UK passport, but if it is an EU/UK passport they are now only allowed 90 days, [beaurocrasy?] gone wild

The grandchildren have dual passports Brazilian and English. You would have thought either presented at airport secuity customs would be ok. NO they presented the Brazilian ones and the customs at the Brazilian airport insisted on seeing the English ones just to try and stop them leaving the country. WE can’t even send over birthday or Christmas cards again customs what £90 to clear them and guess who pockets the money?