Getting a late start this year

Today was thee first day of snow. Usually October is when the snowy weather starts, but it held off this year. The rest of the week:

2 Likes

You are welcome to the snow Danny :slightly_smiling_face: it is for children and I hate it …

1 Like

I love it! One of the reasons I moved here. I’ll take the cold over the heat any day. And snow over rain any day. :grin: :grin: :grin:

Next stop Alaska ? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love to see the snow but no longer enjoy going outdoors in it…. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

We very rarely get snow in the part of South West England where I live, so on the odd occasions that we do, I really enjoy it. I mean, I’m retired so don’t have to go out in it if I don’t want to, don’t have to drive in such hazardous conditions. But I can watch the children having fun and it warms my heart to see.

We had some heavy snow about 4 years ago, and my little granddaughter, then 2 and a half, had such a whale of a time! We live not far from Dartmoor, which does get snow most years, and my son will take his boys up there to play in it, but unfortunately my daughter doesn’t drive, so having the snow here was a treat for her and her little girl.

@Danny, I love your photo of the snow falling, really beautiful!

1 Like

If I never see snow for the rest of my life I will be very happy.

I was in Canberra a few years ago and we dragged the kids up into the Brindabellas to see the snow. I think the last time I saw snow before that was in Brixton in the 1970s.

That is quite enough for one lifetime

1 Like