Get here quick - Students and Backpackers Wanted

Where the bloody hell are you?

Australia is looking for 170,000 students and backpackers, even offering that visa fees will be refunded if you arrive within months.

The fee, which is around $600, will be rebated for international students who arrive anytime in the next eight weeks and for backpackers on working holiday-maker visas who arrive within the next 12 weeks.

It is hoped the move will be enough to entice the roughly 150,000 students and 23,500 backpackers who currently hold a visa and are not in the country.

Businesses desperately need workers.

2 Likes

Probably put off by the covid restrictions .

2 Likes

I wonder if I would qualify as a mature student :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Queensland is nearly at 90% vaccination rate so soon it will open up to foreigners without quarantine.

1 Like

I hope so .

BTW @Muddy they did raise the age for a backpacker visa but only for Canadian, French and Irish citizens and still not enough for anyone on an over 50s forum.The upper age for Pommies etc is 30 but 35 for the aforementioned three nations (no idea why).

Actually I don’t think there is an age limit for a student visa because they are bringing in heaps of foreign money.

1 Like

This kinda makes me laugh my arse off. I can remember times when people were begging for jobs. Now you have jobs begging. Of course all this happens when I’m retired. :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

Queensland restrictions raised tomorrow !