GB News Will Be Starting On Sunday 13th June At 8pm

[I]GB News attracted zero viewers during some of its broadcasts this week, according to official television audience figures produced by rating agency Barb, after a viewer boycott prompted by one of its presenters taking the knee in solidarity with the England football team.

Business editor Liam Halligan and former Labour MP Gloria De Piero attracted no measurable audience to their show between 1pm and 1.30pm on Wednesday afternoon. During the same timeslot the BBC News channel attracted 62,000 viewers, while Sky News had 50,000 people watching.

GB News’ audience again briefly dipped to zero at 5pm, during a late-afternoon programme co-hosted by ex-BBC presenter Simon McCoy and former Ukip spokesperson Alex Phillips.

[/I]

It was my birthday on Wednesday and I spent the day in Whitby…Sorry GB News…:frowning:
I’m not surprised nobody watched Gloria De Piero…She’s crap!

Clearly some presenters are more popular and watchable.

Clearly the established news channels and papers are piqued.

Apparently, the viewing figures for his show exceeded one million. :smiley:

Did a bloke in the pub tell you that … :037:

Yes, I was watching that earlier today.
It’s a shame that some people, notable young people, don’t seem able to behave themselves.
She achieved nothing other than showing herself up, and her protest too.

Bloody hell OGF, Who writes your speeches !!
Bloody brilliant !!

Donkeyman!

BARB

Broadcasters’ Audience Research Board Founded by the major players in the industry it supports.

BBC, Channel 4, Channel 5, IPA (Institute of Practitioners in Advertising), ITV, Sky and UKTV.

Highly unlikely they would make it up.

GB News got a mention on Media Bites here.

“Old white men drinking beer and talking shit. The future of TV has never looked brighter”

Look at about 3.05mins into the video to enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xKXWGbYGz4?t-185

[quote=“Cinderella, post: 2133026”]
BARB

Broadcasters’ Audience Research Board Founded by the major players in the industry it supports.

BBC, Channel 4, Channel 5, IPA (Institute of Practitioners in Advertising), ITV, Sky and UKTV.

Highly unlikely they would make it up.[/QUOTE]

:081:

Link … ?

Absolute bollocks Omah.

Farage has higher ratings than Sky or the BBC → click

If anything, the Guardian should look at their own readers figures.

Competition running scared. Why else.

Speaking on GB news, Mr Luckhurst insisted that Emily Maitlis should “apologise and withdraw” comments about the Government wielding editorial control over the BBC    

The reason I don’t watch bbc.

That says but one thing to me:

The lefties are getting worried!

They’ve had their way for far too long, in my opinion, and should respect the fact that most people want to have an unbiased input of news.

To those who accuse GBNews of being right-wing biased, I say this: watch GB News and read the Grauniad, then having seen both sides make up your own mind!

Good on Emily…:041: There’s an empty chair waiting for her at GB News…

:023:

He does not realise yet, this is not going to help see his Grandchildren.

Yeah I think that too. The thing is, he has nothing to lose because he won’t get to see them anyway.

Great interview I thought.

Does not show all the interview.

Question asked by a viewer, would he sign a contract not to speak to media if he could see his grandchildren, he answered no before the link failed, but they managed to get him back.

Another asked about the first marriage and he said he liked his former son-in- law. When asked about Prince Harry thinks they wil both get bored with each other.

Interview ended with him inviting Harry to visit him.

There was another bit when they managed to get Thomas Merkel back on the show. He said he would not sign a contract to silence him in exchange for him seeing his grandchildren. I agree with him - if Meghan and Harry can talk about him to the press why shouldnt he ?

Former BBC presenter Andrew Neil says he left GB News over the direction the channel was taking, saying he became a “minority of one” within management. The journalist told BBC Question Time he would let people “make up their own minds” over whether his exit was because the channel was too right wing. He also described the launch of the new station as not a “startling success”.

Neil resigned on Monday as lead presenter and chairman just three months after the channel went to air.

In a statement at the time, he said he had decided to “reduce [his] commitments on a number of fronts” - something he repeated on BBC One - and wished it well for the future.

The TV channel launched in June, promising to “change the face of news and debate in the UK”. It recruited a number of big names alongside Neil, including former BBC News presenter Simon McCoy, ITV veteran Alastair Stewart and ex-Sun journalist Dan Wootton. But it has been troubled by low viewing figures and resignations from other staff members, including the former advisor to Boris Johnson and ex-BBC correspondent Guto Harri.

Is the channel doomed … :question: