Gatwick Airport: Drone sightings cause delays

You do make a very valid point there yes.

So who was the bloke who was, apparently, witnessed frantically packing away a drone?

Must have been Jeremy Corbyn, surely?

Police say it is ‘a possibility there was never a drone’

Asked about speculation there was never such a drone flown over the airport, Detective Chief Superintendent Jason Tingley told the BBC: "Of course, that’s a possibility. We are working with human beings saying they have seen something.

“Until we’ve got more clarity around what they’ve said, the detail - the time, place, direction of travel, all those types of things - and that’s a big task.”

However, Mr Tingley also said one of the “working theories” was that a damaged drone found close to the airport in Horley was responsible for causing the disruption.

"Always look at it with an open mind, but actually it’s very basic common sense that a damaged drone, which may have not been there at a particular point in time has now been seen by an occupier, a member of the public, and then they’ve told us, ‘we’ve found this’.

“Then we go and forensically recover it and do everything we can at that location to try and get a bit more information.”

This is including working through information relating to “persons of interest”, as well as investigating more than 67 drone sightings and forensically examining the damaged drone.

No eco-warriors, no activists, no runway protestors, no-one in custody and now, maybe, no drone … :102:

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark!

As also maybe correctly as said, it was a UFO.

Maybe it was a flying ferret:

:lol:

I kept saying it was very odd in days when they film everything no one caught it on film ! So they may have shut down an airport, upset many many people and put this couple they took into custody into danger for nothing ???

The media are very quick to stir up trouble and the vigilantes take over looking for blood…Even on here some members had them tried and convicted…:071:

And now for something completely different…Birmingham Airport is Shut due to a “technical” issue!!! What the heck is going on??

Doesn’t make sense, does it.
It is not as if just one person ‘saw’ this thing after all.

Did the Police, Army, Airport workers, members of the public see anything or didn’t they?
Were there lots of witnesses, or do did nobody really see anything?
How can so many people and detecting equipment all be wrong?

I don’t get this at all.

And if it wasn’t a drone people thought they were watching and hearing, what was it?

So what?

Why take this tread off topic.

Pair held and released over Gatwick drone say they feel ‘violated’

Speaking from the couple’s doorstep on Monday afternoon, window fitter Gait, 47, said: “As you can probably imagine, we are feeling completely violated. Our home has been searched and our privacy and identity completely exposed. Our names, photos, and other personal information has been broadcast throughout the world.”

Breaking down in tears as he stood next to his 54-year-old wife, he said: “We are deeply distressed as are our family and friends and we are currently receiving medical care. The way we were initially perceived is disgusting, although those that knew us didn’t doubt us for a second.

“Post release without charge or further action, we are totally overwhelmed by the support we have received from the people all over the world and we would like to thank every single one that has done that. We would ask that the press please respect our privacy and leave us to try and get through Christmas as best we can.”

I feel for them … :frowning:

How can the police have got the identity of culprits so wrong … :?:

They may be linked Galty…

This naming and shaming by the media before they have been charged, or even prosecuted in court, has got to stop…This is not ‘Freedom of speech’ it’s false accusation and it can destroy innocent people’s lives. It should be illegal in the same way that preaching religious hatred is…

Of course they are, it’s the rotten EU causing as much trouble as they can. All the Little Englanders have worked that one out.

Now that’s a thought Purwell…I knew you would come over to the ‘Dark Side’ eventually…:wink:

Well said and at once I do agree with you.

Well maybe a few times before but to scared to post

It said in a paper I saw today, that one of the couple’s neighbours had alerted the police simply because they had seen him flying a model helicopter from his front drive recently!

Seen on FB