Garlic ... how do you like it?

I’ve always said garlic should enhance the dish without taking over. Or something like that, I can’t remember. I think I actually like the stuff a little less in my old age.

Today I got it just right: aubergine slices rubbed with a clove, brushed with olive oil, browned in the pan. Very delicious, you wouldn’t know garlic was included, but aubergine without garlic is just not the same.

Do you like garlic? lots of it? stink the place out? Use it sensibly?

Love garlic on most dishes, best is garlic bread or steamed mussels or clams in hot butter and lots of garlic!

One of my favorites for chicken, sauted in a pan of olive oil and onions and green peppers, diced tomatoes…
That is not to confuse with garlic breath, or garlic tablets that reeks out of your pores!:frowning:

1 Like

right on RightNow I’m getting hungry.

1 Like

It’s hot and it smells god awful d00d…But I understand it’s good for you…
:hot_face:

1 Like

Garlic smells OK, the smell of people who’ve been munching it is not at all nice. Yeah God awful.

2 Likes

I used to work with a kosovan bloke who did garlic eating competitions…Jaysus he smelt bad next morning…
:dash:

I love garlic - but don’t like aubergines.

If I’m adding garlic to a dish, I like to be able to taste the garlic (and smell it) but don’t want it to overpower all the other flavours, so I guess I go for a “medium” amount.

1 Like

I like Garlic Butter on my Toast in the morning .
never had it until last year . I had spiggetti in garlic butter and parsley ,

I love garlic, I grow about 25 heads a year and start eating the green stems while I wait for the bulbs to mature.
I have home made pesto at least twice a week yum …

3 Likes

Love garlic too

1 Like

I love the taste of garlic.

Love garlic ?

OGF garlic isn’t hot what are you eating ?

1 Like

Things that make me happy in the kitchen : garlic, paprika, limes, avocado, oregano and rosemary, natural Greek yoghurt, honey, Dijon mustard, olive oil

2 Likes

I love garlic in just about anything…I sometimes roast the whole bulb…yummy

I love garlic. I want to try eating a roasted head of garlic. Have only seen this on YouTube so far. Some of my favorite foods have a lot of garlic, stir fries and pasta.

1 Like

a happy list of happy things.

2 Likes

Chicken Kiev and garlic bread, are the only foods I like with it.

1 Like

@d00d My favourite butter is always infused with a little garlic and plenty of ultra finely mashed anchovies :point_right: Fan-ruddy-tastic :clap::+1::grin:

2 Likes

Garlic is second only to chilli in my kitchen, just about everything that I cook has both

2 Likes

I love garlic,but only have it if i am not meeting up with anyone the following day.