Future Energy Price Rises

For those who are concerned about the appalling energy price rises, perhaps you would like to sign this petition being organised by Age UK.
I want to help them fight this, so I have signed it already.

2 Likes

Signed

1 Like

Thanks Susan. :+1:
I signed partly because I am concerned about the prices, but also because it’s not like some dubious individual asking for help, it’s a reputable firm that do a lot for us oldies so I wanted to support them.
They are working for all of us.

1 Like

Signed

1 Like

Hi

If you voted Tory, it is what you voted for.

The Free Market, live with it.

And the folks who agreed with Global.

1 Like

Never have voted Tory in my life and never will

1 Like

Stupid man. Stupid reply. :roll_eyes:
I’m trying to help people here!

3 Likes

Signed, for all the good it probably won’t do because, as Swimmy said, the price rises are because of free market forces.

1 Like

Signed also - fingers crossed :grinning:

signed, sealed, and delivered

1 Like

Signed, and ordered my wife to do the same.

Time will tell Percy, but at least we have tried to help get something done, rather than sitting there doing nothing, then complaining about it later.

Thanks all. :+1:

Well I signed it as well, so the more the merrier. This is one of those times I wish I was on social media so I could share it with others!

Signed and also put the petition on my Facebook.

Excellent idea Rox. :+1:

Age UK are fighting for us here, and although I am not usually one for signing petitions, I do think we should help with this one.

2 Likes

Things change suddenly and no matter who you are, or how well off you are, you could find yourself facing this and having to choose to heat or eat. You just never know what’s around the corner.

I wasn’t going to sign it because I think all people on low incomes should get help with fuel prices, not just us oldies!

But when I read it, I see what they are proposing, taking off VAT and a £500 payment will apply to everyone on low incomes, so well done to them, and I’ve signed.

Thank you for bringing it to our attention, Mups

But I do agree that this is a problem created by Conservative party policy and the free market.

I would rather see this sorted by regulating how much the energy companies are allowed to charge and profit really, or by nationalising them

Because these £500 payments and the lost VAT will all come out of our, the taxpayers, pockets, while the energy companies maintain their profits

So this would on be putting a sticking plaster over the problem, paid for by the taxpayers.

But if it means the old and those on low incomes don’t have to choose between food and heat, then it’s better than nothing and I’m still up for it

@Maree You make a good point there about nthe tax payer
funding the payments Maree!
Why should we assist private companies ?
I am with you on re-nationalising all public utilities !!
I see the railways are gradually coming back under government
control so maybe train fares will reduce eventually ??
Donkeyman! :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

1 Like

Its on Radio 2 now about the forthcoming fuel cost rise, and, they seem to be implying that the average bill at the moment for energy is £1300.00 per year. Ok, this month has had a couple of cold spells, but, most weekdays we are not here during the day, so, should not be using continuous energy, but, so far for the sixteen days of January, we have used £93.51p, If you divide that by 16 and multiply that by 365 you get £2133.19 per year, and that is pre the April hike, I would like to know who does £1300.00 pa at the moment.