Fun photo experiment

As I stood at my window drinking coffee, I noticed a wood pigeon in the trees, just sitting cooing, as they do. I tried to take a photo with my phone but it was rubbish, so I wondered if I could zoom in…nope.

So I grabbed some binoculars and put them up to the lens of the phone and peered at the screen. It took a bit of faffing, balancing, and making sure nothing fell in the sink (!) but this is the result. I’m quite pleased :smiley:

Next time I will use a proper camera of course :wink:

7 Likes

Did you know you can buy a monocular lens for a smartphone?
I think I have one need to check.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=phone+to+binoculars&adgrpid=122608037179&gclid=Cj0KCQjwz7uRBhDRARIsAFqjulmdtrYgQkCUJDzj8svZXTpmflzT_tBk3fA2M5dJAQfZqCaAO3XOkt8aAhNjEALw_wcB&hvadid=522307109408&hvdev=t&hvlocphy=9046884&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=4932778044415949218&hvtargid=kwd-1444646948847&hydadcr=8180_1828344&tag=googhydr-21&ref=pd_sl_1pdv9m3psd_e

3 Likes

Oooh!! This makes me happy…I was looking at this one via your link. It seems to be pretty good, what do you think?

Monocular with mobile phone attachment

1 Like

To be honest @PixieKnuckles I think you would be wasting your money. Although I still use the monocular setting it up to use with the smart phone is such a faff and to be honest does not really work as when you attach the monocular holder to your smart phone there is little support for the monocular itself.
I bought mine to keep an eye on a bird feeder a bit of a distance away and was never going to be used with a phone.

2 Likes

Ok thank you. I do have an actual camera with a zoom, so I’ll just stick to using that :joy: I would use the monocular a few times likely, then shove it in a cupboard anyway!

That’s clever Pixie :clap:

2 Likes

I really like that, Pixie. It’s such a change to see a picture in a circle instead of the usual old square box. :+1:

1 Like

Thanks Mags - all credit goes to the wood pigeon though, who sat patiently rolling his eyes, waiting for the mad woman at the window to get herself sorted! :joy:

Thanks Mups…yes I could have edited into the usual square, but I really like the way the roundness frames the photo, too!

2 Likes

That worked really well, great photo. Congrats to the patient pigeon and the photographer 🦤

1 Like

Thought I would play around came up with this which I did online as trying to crop an image in Windows was a faff.

2 Likes

Ahh now see, that is adorable! It makes his wee face stand out more I think…look at his eyes, are they really different colours or is it the light?

When did everything become so square? We look at square photos in a square screen, sitting in square rooms, in a square box…what on earth have we become?!

Bring on the circles! :+1:

1 Like

Doing that is actually a thing. :grinning: I have tried it but it is a lot of faffing about, just to take a circular photo.

1 Like

Yes Tiff, it was very faffy…I’ll just be sticking to using a camera in future! :joy:

1 Like