Frightening scenario - the end of the world

I suppose one day it will happen .

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihrnND7-Hsg This sums it all up pretty well I think.

The BBC article must be aimed at teenagers, as it assumes, the survivor will have many decades to make adjustments, most oldies, particularly with mobility issues might just as well sit, and watch it all go by, possibly from the deserted Pharmacy.

I make it a policy never to worry about that over which I have no control, just enjoy what you have for as long as you have it, nothing lasts forever. :wink:

Too right Barry, the individual who wants to be last person standing, please take one pace forward.:slight_smile:

So if the end of the world does happen, you need to team up with a chemist, a baker and a farmer, simples!

Yup, probably the best way to be Barry.

That’s cheerful Muddy :lol: just the thing for a cold grey winter’s morning.

I don’t think it will be in ‘my time here’ which is definitely limited to a few years so I won’t dwell on it too much.

I wonder why wind generated electricity is not mentioned? Those huge turbines would be pretty easily re used for local supply one would think?

These survivalist scenarios always amuse me…why the heck wouldn’t you wake up…take one look around and find a large bottle of something nice,a good book, a length of hose and car with fuel in it :smiley:

Actually, no, it won’t happen, well certainly not in the way the article proposes.

If we were 100 years in the past then yes perhaps but today, no not a chance.

Why?

Because for many years now the powerful elite with all their wealth and resources have long since built MASSIVE complexes underground that go down for many miles.

We are not talking mine shafts here where people would be stooped over. We are talking tunnels high enough and wide enough for articulated lorries to turn around in.

In these complexes you can be sure that they have masses of equipment, machines, vehicles, diggers, farming/agricultural vehicles plus of course countless numbers of military vehicles both land and air.

Their technology is already way advanced of what is released to the general population. They will have energy sources that will keep them supplied indefinitely, much of it likely based on Tesla’s work.

And of course, they will have plenty of military weapons, ammunition and medical supplies.

So when this apocalypse happens, these privileged few will be safe and snug in their underground cities waiting for the time to emerge.

I will also say this. I don’t think any apocalypse will be accidental or natural, save that an asteroid hits the planet. Any zombie apocalypse virus will be man made and likely designed to reduce population numbers. It’s also plainly clear to see how the Western population, both young and old has been brutally and purposefully dumbed down in the last 10-20 years. If we went back to the WW2 generation I would hazard a guess that some 95% of women would know how to make a good loaf of bread and would do so regularly. I guess also that over 50% of men could have done the same.

Today after brainwashing the population with X-factor, soaps and other moronic diversions, I would be surprised if more than 35% of women could make a loaf and more than 10% of men. It’s sad to see how the Western populous has been driven so far from Nature.

Anyway, the point I make is that no apocalypse will occur as the article suggests. After the initial population cull, the elite will emerge with their stored technology, vehicles, food, medicines and military power and quickly resume control. They have all the seeds for plants and flowers stored up and will set agriculture off again (though of course they won’t be getting their own hands dirty doing that).

For everyone else, yes for a period we will have to fend for ourselves but it won’t be for years and years. Only whilst the initial turmoil is over and the military move back in to take easy control.

The first place i would look for would be a gun or several as there would be quite a few nutters roaming about out there.

I would think many will have that depressed suicidal tendency but it is based on fear and the sense of hopelessness.

None of that applies imo when you educate yourself and prepare. I’m not in the least bit worried about the electricity, gas and water supplies going off. I would survive just fine.

I am by no means an all-rounded survivalist with all the skills that the article mentions, but neither am I a moronic dumbed down member of the Sheeple. I do have strings to my bow and could contribute well to any surviving community.

I can create my own potable water in a variety of ways. In preparation I have a nano water filter which will filter our everything more than 5 nms in size which includes viruses. So I can take any puddle or pond water however brown and dirty, put it through the hand held filter and get clear drinkable water out the other end.

I also knew about how to kill bacteria in water using the sun and have a store of empty plastic bottles ready for that and for storing water anyway.

I have a store of vacuum packed grains, wheat, spelt, rye and oats and a manual grain mill with which to make flour and do so regularly already using an electric mill. Also plenty of other dried foods like pastas and pulses.

I can make sourdough yeast from scratch within about 5 days and so could be making fabulous breads in no time.
If I hooked up with a rural community close to wheat fields I could happily keep everyone in bread for as long as there is wheat.

I could also grow veg no problem provided there are seeds, and of course I do have seeds and I keep a compost heap going whether I grow veg or not as it’s stupidly easy to do!

I have jars and air-lock lids to use to make fermented vegetables which are hugely nutritious, full of probiotic goodness. Any veg I grow can be stored and fermented that way which means they can be stored for many months. Storage will be a major problem for most people in an apocalypse. Learning to ferment veg is ridiculously easy and something people can do right now.

Smoking a curing meat is also a useful skill. If people are lucky enough to capture or kill an animal in an apocalypse scenario, they will need to find ways to store that meat without refrigeration. Smoking and curing are age old methods and are worth learning.

Finally, medicine will be hard to come by in a disaster and people will either suffer and die, or use the abundant resources that Nature provides. I would say that learning about the healing abilities of herbs and plants in times of peace, is by far the most sensible approach rather than trying to thumb through a book when you are starving and ill!
I’ve used natural remedies for some years to treat tooth infections and abscesses, tummy bugs inc norovirus, colds and viruses, eye infections and so on.

Having such skills removes much of the fear and hopelessness of any major services/utilities outage. It means you will just get on with things and your actions will likely boost morale of those around you at the same time.

Nothing is guaranteed of course. If we are nuked or if we are totally flooded for long periods of time then much of our provisions and preparations will be wiped away. We just have to prepare as best we can.

Where are these complexes?

Course its all academic when the sun goes Supernova. :slight_smile:

If you were truly interested, you would do your own research and get trawling the internet and sifting through the conspiracy sites and other material to get to the truth.

Hi

Simple fact, after the end of the Cold War, our big underground complexes were dismantled.

We have only two left, and they are only for the Political Elite and the Royals.

The location of these are well known to the opposition. as the remaining few others.

How many days do you leave water in a bottle in the Sun for?

In England?:confused:

I love a good conspiracy, but this isn’t a good conspiracy, nice try though :lol:

The point is…Why would you want to survive?
Your friends are dead, your family is dead…the place stinks dawn to midnight work just to keep alive…What is the point of it all…what is it for?

Survivalists like to assume that those that choose not to bother’s choice … " is based on fear and the sense of hopelessness."

Could it simply be based on practicality and not having an ego as big as a house? Or a fatalist philosophy? Remember…there’s actually no one there to admire your efforts…no one to write a blog or put your story in the paper…you’ll not be remembered in history. :smiley:

I think survivalists have this Walter Mitty dream that they will be the leader of a small band of adoring women…(that can bake a loaf) with a few younger men around to look to them for leadership…In their dreams.

A bit short-sighted, aren’t they?

After they emerge into the world devoid of ordinary people, who would they get to do their washing and cleaning out their toilets for them? :lol: