Frightening nightmare

Thanks Twink. X

Dreams are weird arenā€™t theyā€¦ Iā€™m sure there are hidden messages in them but I have no idea how that translates.

Iā€™ve been having vivid reams latelyā€¦ last night I was flying a helicopterā€¦honest I really was quite good at it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have regular nightmares, I never have a nice dream, always horrible dreams and very frightening. Iā€™m the worlds worst worrier and I wonder if that has something to do with it.

Pixie, I wonder if the nightmare you described there was sleep paralysis? Apparently its common and many ofus suffer at some point in our lives with it.

LQ, I have no ideaā€¦it was bloominā€™ scary when it happened, and put me off sleeping for quite some time. I only slept when I physically couldnā€™t stay awake anymore (which sounds weird, but you know what I meanā€¦!)

Ooer ā€¦Iā€™ve never heard of this condition and now my curiosity has got the better of me. What the heck is that? - - - - ā†’ Iā€™ve found this link and it doesnā€™t make pleasant reading. If I had a video camera Iā€™d film myself over a week to see what transpires.

I used to have dreams about my father. Very much so in the few years after he died when they would be distressing and related to him being in a bed or worse in a coffin alive, struggling but yet unable to get up, much as he had been in his hospital bed at the end (he once tried to get out of bed and go home attached to all the tubes!). Then as the years went on he became younger, walking around in my dreams with no grey hair and as when I was a child. I still could not understand how he could be there when he had died, but it seemed so ridiculous to think he had died when he seemed so very much alive in the dream (Iā€™d be having a debate with myself). More recent dreams when they come, I realise he is there but no longer struggle so much with the idea that he cannot be alive. I seem to have finally accepted that he has died. A long process as he died in the 90s. So based on my own experience I think dreaming of parents who have died may be a part of the grieving process.

1 Like

A friend of mine suffers from it and it is very frightening. She says there is like some demon holding her down and she canā€™t move, ooooooo

1 Like

My friend has had nightmares most nights for the last few days, he blames eating cheese.

Itā€™s a wonder no one is blaming the Pfizer vaccination that most have had lately!

1 Like

Yes when i was younger had terrible nighmares. One was being chased and having to jump over fences to get away, what from no idea. Another way flying on an small aircraft piloting it down roads under telephone wires. this went on for months if not years while at school age. Think it stemmed for the teachers forcing one to do what scared such as rope climbing in the gym and the others teaching by terrifying if you asked a question

Art I doubt anyone here has had a worse reaction to a covid vaccination than me. I didnā€™t have nightmares at the time though. Is that because it wasnā€™t pfizer?

I had a bad reaction too Annie I didnā€™t connect the two Arti dreamā€™s and the jabs its possible though ā€¦anyway I can now fly a helicopter in my dreams so for me itā€™s not all bad :slight_smile:

1 Like

I suffered sleep paralysis often and it is very frightening. I had to force myself to wake up and get my body moving.

Itā€™s scary when a dream you have had in the night stays with you when you are awake, I find it disorientating and it intrudes upon my ability to think clearly.

I try to think of something positive or listen to the radio to dispel the remnants of dreamsā€¦ :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks Meg!
With one sick cat and one that escaped when the fireworks were making a noise I think I was wound up when I went to sleep.
I was ok a couple of hours after posting this thread, thanks to the people who replied.
I am convinced that the insects were part of the dream, owing to the 2 dead flies I had to remove from my window sill.
On a bright note my sick cat seems a lot better now & the stray is back with me! :grinning:

4 Likes

Glad to hear all is well now, Twink :hugs:

Do you find that strays seem to make a beeline to your door? When we had cats from the CPL and gave the occasional stray some food and attention, I reckon said stray put the word out, coz within days we were feeding another 2 or 3. I did at first trap them and then scoot off to the CPL with them, but they soon became less sympathetic and refused to take any more from me. From that day on, I stopped supporting what was once know as the CPL.

Iā€™m so glad all is well now Twinkā€¦our imagination is amazing isnā€™t it but it should come with a user manual. :slight_smile:

1 Like

My house is surrounded by fields, so lots of mice & rabbits to catch. Over the years I have given many a temporary home, till we found somebody to love them , but quite a few decided they wanted to stay here permanently
Many stray cats donā€™t live beyond 5 years, but give them a good home & they live to be from 15 to 22 years. I just wish that all cat owners would have them neutered, so we donā€™t have to save so many of them from weather they are not designed to survive.

1 Like