Friendly or having a crush

I regularly meet a young woman at the bus stop and we are in the habit of chatting for a while before the bus comes. There is some eye contact and hints we could have a coffee together at some point. I am starting to have feelings for her but am unsure if she is only being friendly and not wanting to take things further. It is made worse because I am going through a separation from my partner and feel vulnerable.

1 Like

Hello David, when you say ‘young Lady’, may I ask how young?

1 Like

Was going to ask the same. These sort of things are tricky to advise on. Not knowing the two parties involved

1 Like

Go for it.

1 Like

In her Fifties, I guess. I am about 15 years older. Just retired.

1 Like

The problem as you get older is that the number of females far out number males. Since my 50s, while I wouldn’t claim to be fighting them off, I have had a surprising number of inquiries from women of similar age as to whether I fancied a partner.

1 Like

Maybe just keep up the friendship, and see where it goes from there

1 Like

Do you know if she is married or has a partner? That is the first thing I would want to know if I was chatting to somebody on a regular basis.
At the moment you are just enjoying your chats with her, but she may just be a nice friendly lady. Ask simple question like " How many are you cooking for tonight?" or “What time does your husband get home for the evening meal ?”
If she has no partner then perhaps you could have a coffee together and see how things go, but I would suggest you don’t rush into things, especially whilst you are going through a separation!

6 Likes

As long as you are not waiting for the 69. :grinning: :biking_man:

1 Like

You said you are feeling Vulnerable, I would say nows not a time to get into another relationship .Chatting at the bus stop is ok but going for coffee is one step nearer to having a date .
I think shes just being friendly /Sociable .

2 Likes

Grab the chance and go for it, you may not get another. Who was it who said “a bird in the hand is better than a bird in the bush” of course they got that the wrong way around

Twinks is right get the facts first .

It’s a crush! :two_hearts:
Yes. Twink is spot on. :+1:

Yes just carry on as you are chatting and as @Twinks has said a good place to start, I chat to lots of people maybe she is simply picking up on your vulnerability and being kind but you never know, at worst you get a friend.

1 Like

You’ve indicated that you’re vulnerable right now so complicating your life any further might not be the best thing at the moment.

But, if you want to move forward, Let her know your current relationship status AFTER you’ve ascertained hers.

Do play open cards with her about your situation. Honesty. Then, let her decide if she’d like to have coffee with you.

Good luck

:023:

2 Likes

Personally David, I wouldn’t even contemplate getting into another relationship if I’ve only just newly been separated, I would want to get over that first, I wouldn’t be thinking about jumping into another relationship, 
be friends by all means
but I certainly wouldn’t rush it
if it’s meant to be it will just happen naturally in time
just my thoughts on the matter.

1 Like

Wise words, my second marriage was definitely a triumph of enthusiasm/optimism over experience.

1 Like

Personally, rejection never entered my mind with women. If, I fancied one who didn’t fancy me that’s quite alright, because there are plenty out there that will. Never look at rejection as personal, look at it as if this wasn’t meant to be and be grateful not to have wasted a lot of time. If she simply wants to play hard to get, well I’m a little old for such games.

1 Like

I’m a little too old for games in general

1 Like

Minx that is such a big fib
I have seen your Skipping Rope
well that is what I used to call it
looked similar anyway
 :069:

1 Like