'French icon' actress Jane Birkin dies aged 76

Another Sixties sex symbol gone.

RIP Jane…Loved that song with Serge…

god bless

Sex symbols Have a short generational awareness expectancy, RIP Jane, whoever you were, I’m sure you had a good life.

1 Like

Never heard of her but may she rest in peace :peace_symbol:

What ?
You have never heard Je t’aime ?

Was she the Bird who did the breathing on that early 70s record?

1 Like

It’s a wonder she could breathe at all while having a French fag waved around in front of her face.

Terrific song though… I’m sure there was an advert on the box that used it years back featuring two amorous ladybirds :beetle::beetle:

1 Like

RIP Jane, she with the voice AND the figure I’ll never forget.

1 Like

Was her flat being decorated?
:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

In further praise of Jane Birkin – The Vampire’s Wife (thevampireswife.com)

1 Like

I’ll always remember Serge in Lemon Incest. The magnetism between them could not be acted and she was so obviously intro him, but then she always did like Jews cos they were cut out for the job :wink: It wasn’t the fags that got him, she rattled his brains out :grin::+1:

1 Like

That’s some woman LongDriver…
:astonished:

1 Like

That was his daughter…Jane was Charlotte mother

Yes, the female in that video was indeed his daughter, Lottie.
I can remember it well way back from '84 and the furore it caused in the French Press because Lottie was only 13 at the time and with the overtones of incest, the recording did not go down too well over there and one American critic said it was the most disturbing songs he had heard. Over here, I found the whole thing to be worthy of recording, especially as it was obviously arranged on Chopin’s Etude 10-3 which I would occasionally play myself.
I still maintain Lucian’s brains were rattled out by his then ‘squeeze’ and it was not the fags that got him :wink:

1 Like

I remember her more for the Cult classic film “Blowup”

The film was the first to show a Full frontal scene of her and anyone.

Just a nano second though.

1 Like