Freeview Channels

Just in case you don’t know, There are many changes coming on 26th! Users of Freeview TV should re-tune.

1 Like

Thanks Rox. I have Freeview, so where do I find the info about changes please?

The only change I can see for the 26th is the addition of BBC3 & that will effect Freeview & Freesat.

But there were changes on the 19th, which require a retune.

Try this:-

Freeview Channel Changes January 2022 - SATSHOP

Thank you Ted, and Gee. :+1:

Thanks Tedc and Gee3. I only found about it yesterday as I was watching channel 30 and it came up along the bottom of the screen. Had to press yellow on the remote to remove it.

Pain in the rear as I use a PVR which means all my timed recordings will be wiped and of course once retuned channels need to be reorganised.

Yep, pretty much a big job here too. Freeview do a lot of changes but this one is the biggest I’ve had to sort. Hoping my recorder will behave, it likes change even less than I do.

Before I ditched my BBC Tax, I used to watch Freeview regularly and knew exactly where I was…
until they began to change their channels. Yes, they came up with various reasons and excuses, but after a while it became a little wearing. It was about then that I decided to make the move away from live TV.
One advantage (apart from not having to pay the BBC Tax) of using only catch-up TV is that you can pick and choose what to watch and when to watch it and, of course, the channels aren’t always changing!

If you are going to be retuning wait till this afternoon to do so.

I have no idea what goes on with this forum but not for the first time has it changed the title of a link I have posted which should be 26 January 2022 - BBC Three launches.
This is such a weird forum.
Link works by the way though.

The changes were supposed to have happened today at around midday but they have not moved though I get a slightly different worded notice on the relvant channels. I think I will wait until they actually move and I no longer get them.