Freesat Humax - remote control issues

No we love Men…but you’ll never understand that fact…
Just because we are devious and our knowledge has been passed from femme to femme without men knowing…
Do you still own a Wallet by chance?

1 Like

There are some right little “Missys” on here.

Worth a try I thought. I know just what you mean about technology though, I’ve just this evening had problems with my computerised central heating boiler due to power cuts. Nothing was working when the power returned, I had to turn it all off, wait for 10 minutes, turned it back on and fortunately it worked OK. All these computerised devices are becoming a real pain!
:upside_down_face: :grinning:

2 Likes

:069:
more Mister’s still with bicycle clips in their ears… :biking_woman:
we prefer ear plugs

1 Like

Never speak for the masses. :grin:

You’re right there.
Dianne I love the humour - thank you.

I didn’t have the patience to do more last evening, so had a very early night and turned the TV/Humax Box off at the wall and this morning…yippee… it’s back to normal - though I still have my fingers crossed. Thanks for all the help, advice and laughs.

1 Like

We had a human a few years ago. Can’t remember what went wrong with it, but we replaced it with a Panasonic thing which allows for 2 programs to be recorded simultaneously (recall the human only allowed 1), plus it seems to have a cd/DVD drive in it, although we’ve never actually used it.

Oddly enough, we’ve has to buy a couple of replacement remote controls for it over the years since these do appear to have a limited shelf life but only cost £10-15 from amazon/eBay.

Sometimes the main unit does freeze. Switching it off at the wall for a couple of minutes has solved this.

1 Like

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

It’s like a pc if it doesn’t work, switch it off then back on, it should work. If it doesn’t then there’s something else wrong it.
Our Humax hard drive recorder sometimes switches on with the TV, since we had a smart TV.

3 Likes

Smart that Carol…Thought your box was Human to do that… :innocent: :rofl:

1 Like

:joy: :joy: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Our Humax can record 3 at a time on different channels

2 Likes

:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :rofl:
I refuse to laugh any more…and fancy you, my friend setting me up.
crikey top of the tree then…Ours does have two coax connections, but in this room it is attached to a small Satellite dish with just the 1 lmb…
We have a 2nd one,way up high attached to a chimney that has stopped working since the last gales about 2 months ago…We will need to get somebody professional around one of these days… The two other Freesat boxes we have are just for watching TV only, for recording if need be,we have a Panasonic Recorder inline.

I don’t know what you mean by i set you up Dianne.

1 Like

:innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:
I do believe these belong to YOU… :laughing:
Now get back in your cage… :thinking: :joy:

1 Like

We have had 3 Humax freeview recorders over the years and we have had problems with the remotes.

1 Like

The only issue has been the battery connections…I move the batteries about in situ and it seems to bring them back to active again…We have 3 remotes,
so they do come in very handy.

1 Like

Never had trouble with the remote but having a smart TV don’t have to point the remote at the TV to use it. But the Humax remote we do have to and it’s very annoying.

1 Like

So you don’t get a lot of exercise then with the smart TV now…had to laugh at how annoying it is for the Humax/Human one you need to point it
though… :icon_rolleyes: :081:.

1 Like

I’ve never managed to hook up my TV/humax to the internet, but you don’t miss what you’ve never had. Shame about the remote though.

1 Like

I know you could wire it your router direct as they have a socket suitable…
I have not got as far as Smart TV’s but just a stab in the dark…wireless is likely…I usually read up on a need to know basis…
but these are handy…

2 Likes