Freesat Humax - remote control issues

I have a problem with my Freesat Humax Remote control. I stupidly hit the RED coloured button. It’s brought up a list of various channels which covers half the screen…and I cannot get rid of it!!! I can’t watch ANYTHING without the Red Button Text box blocking half the screen. I’ve removed the batteries and replaced them; have also turned everything off for a couple of minutes, then back on - neither resolved the issue. HELP…pleeese…

Freesat (or Freeview) is on my shopping list for before Christmas, knowing nothing about these as yet I did find this link below which may be of help to you:

https://www.freesat.co.uk/help/4k-tv-boxes/remote-controls/reset-remote

1 Like

Thanks Baz. I’ve tried that twice and am nearly ready to throw the remote at the screen. I pressed the red text button and think it’s stuck!! I’ve replaced the batteries in the remote twice…think I’ll turn everything off at the wall and reset everything…

1 Like

It could just be that the capacitors held a charge for longer than your 2 minutes. Capacitors are in effect small batteries, they hold a charge, hence why we are told to switch off & leave for a couple of minutes, as that gives time for the capacitors to discharge. Try giving it longer & make sure it is 100% disconnected from power, so not just switched off, but properly powered down, by disconnecting it from power.

Many modern electrical items do not fully disconnect from power when you switch them off. They go to stand by & continue to use power.

2 Likes

If you’re thinking of buying Humax, I’d do it now - right now - as there are some very good Black Friday discounts.

Still might get some though…Seen them in France on the internet…reconditioned, cripes…

363 euros…
we purchased 3 before we left the UK and they are all working well, 7 years on…

I bought my Humax Box in 2010. It stopped working last year - all my recordings disappeared. So I bought a Freesat Box UHD-4X Smart 4K Ultra HD Digital TV Recorder but just before installing it I checked the Humax and strangely all the recordings had reappeared and been fine ever since!

1 Like

They are like a computer in some respects…need to switch them off for a few minutes let them get happy again and switch back on…
Tad like men really… :laughing:

3 Likes

They are like a computer in some respects…need to switch them off for a few minutes let them get happy again and switch back on…
Tad like men really… :laughing:

Or we could let them get happy and forget to switch them back on again! :rofl:

2 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

There’s me mistakenly thinking there are no misandrists on here!
:thinking: :grinning:

1 Like

No we love Men…but you’ll never understand that fact…
Just because we are devious and our knowledge has been passed from femme to femme without men knowing…
Do you still own a Wallet by chance?

1 Like

There are some right little “Missys” on here.

Worth a try I thought. I know just what you mean about technology though, I’ve just this evening had problems with my computerised central heating boiler due to power cuts. Nothing was working when the power returned, I had to turn it all off, wait for 10 minutes, turned it back on and fortunately it worked OK. All these computerised devices are becoming a real pain!
:upside_down_face: :grinning:

2 Likes

:069:
more Mister’s still with bicycle clips in their ears… :biking_woman:
we prefer ear plugs

1 Like

Never speak for the masses. :grin:

You’re right there.
Dianne I love the humour - thank you.

I didn’t have the patience to do more last evening, so had a very early night and turned the TV/Humax Box off at the wall and this morning…yippee… it’s back to normal - though I still have my fingers crossed. Thanks for all the help, advice and laughs.

1 Like

We had a human a few years ago. Can’t remember what went wrong with it, but we replaced it with a Panasonic thing which allows for 2 programs to be recorded simultaneously (recall the human only allowed 1), plus it seems to have a cd/DVD drive in it, although we’ve never actually used it.

Oddly enough, we’ve has to buy a couple of replacement remote controls for it over the years since these do appear to have a limited shelf life but only cost £10-15 from amazon/eBay.

Sometimes the main unit does freeze. Switching it off at the wall for a couple of minutes has solved this.

1 Like

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

It’s like a pc if it doesn’t work, switch it off then back on, it should work. If it doesn’t then there’s something else wrong it.
Our Humax hard drive recorder sometimes switches on with the TV, since we had a smart TV.

3 Likes