Freckles yes or not...Photos

I was freckles so was my late mate Rosi…
couldn’t seem to find hers this evening them stumbled on a past and present friend…

well freckled and about the amount Rosi had…both were Gingers so that would go with the overall genes effect…
wish I could recall his Name though…

3 Likes

Mmm me does look familiar :joy:

2 Likes

Now my Sister was not a freckled but had a natural trend towards tanning…

Blond blues eyes and would naturally tan…me greenish eyes, freckles and the sun burnt my skin… :thinking: :zipper_mouth_face:

2 Likes

I have never had freckles so no point in a photo but I do tan easily, currently my legs, from just above the knees to just above the ankles, are dark brown as are my arms from mid upper arm down - all the rest of me is pasty white. This despite the appalling weather and lack of a Spring.

2 Likes

None for me…

2 Likes

I used to have freckles in the sun but don’t have any pics of that. My dad had freckles and fair skin. My mum was lucky and tans easily. I burn.

3 Likes

No freckles in our family just blackheads

4 Likes

Every single member of my mothers brothers and sisters, had a child with real ginger hair and freckles, we were the only family that didn’t have ginger hair, I had three sons no ginger, my brother had a boy and a girl, the girl had ginger hair and freckles,…I wonder how that worked, as far as I know my children haven’t had a child with ginger hair, I find it interesting that it missed our family ,yet came back ( the ginger) in my brothers family.

2 Likes

When i was young, I had no Feckles.

People said I was Feckless!

:astonished:

2 Likes

My overall impression of Australians from films, friends and family that live there are that they appear to be rather pale…In my mind you are mostly a bronzed race…in reality you seem more the opposite.
An Aunt and Uncle emmigrated over to Australia in the 50’s with the cheap fares…Up until a few months ago I was still able to phone my Uncle who is/was nearly 100 years of age…His phone is dead now and I know his dementia was overtaking his life, so now thinking but not knowing…
Awaiting our good friends who live in the Denmark area, but still have children in Perth… where Uncle lives…he said he would drive over to his home and try and find out the latest…
Always wanted to get a really good tan, but mine comes out of a bottle… :grinning:.

2 Likes

It’s just hows the genes work though…Sister was freckles less and tanned.
My late Dad has some freckles but tanned easily…We have quite of lot of the family that have some tendencies towards Ginger and Freckles,which seemed to be paired together so often… Never could see why be a ginger haired child was not something to celebrate about.
I actually get on well with gingers…I was naturally mouse coloured but a hint of ginge when in the sunshine…

2 Likes

Yes, I’ve been reading up about how gingers come about, very interesting, haven’t read about the freckles yet.just read, apparently overproduction of melanin.

2 Likes

Freckles are but a skin blemish and as we all know outward beauty is only skin deep, it’s the person within that would interest me and judging from your writing in this forum, you are very interesting.
Me? I have no freckles, but being a pale olive skinned male who has now started to wrinkle with a life’s time of aging, it would not bother me or my good lady; and speaking of which, she is without freckles too, but being what I call Scandinavian bleached ultra white she has to be very careful where the sun is concerned …yes, my little blondie has to slap it on as soon as the sun features in our day.

2 Likes

So we can come out any old way…
two freckles and one fair…

Grand daughter
moving on a few years she did have a lot of Freckles also…

My daughter and twin Son was Blond and no Freckles

Rosi my late mate

2 Likes

I bet Nanny Di loves to cuddle her granddaughter :+1:

1 Like

She is 19 years old this Month and much prefers cuddling her Boyfriend now! :sob:

4 Likes

As a teenager I used to paint on freckles, I used to use the head of a pin and the spit and brush (yuuuckky) mascara.

I was very fair but tanned easily, my older sister who was naturally olive skinned used to burn though. Very strange.

2 Likes

My eldest is now 20 and just become engaged to her Hawaiian boyfriend of 2yrs, but Granddad always features highly in the cuddles roster :ok_hand::+1: They are off to Hawaii for the xmas hols so I’ll miss my regular visits from the pair :disappointed:.

EDIT … I’ve just realised that the photo was taken via wardrobe mirrored doors and that is not a dance pole in the bedroom :blush: :grin:

3 Likes

I must say I was just thinking wot is that pole for… :innocent:
not that you shouldn’t have one in the Gym :face_with_hand_over_mouth::laughing:
They will have a great holiday though…and what memories also

3 Likes

Interesting indeed. I was ging until I washed it away in sixties. Mt father was a ging until about 1940 then his hair changed to nearly black. And that was it. It remained dark with just a few flecks of grey. I seem to remember him commenting about is hair darkening because of him being in the trenches.

1 Like