Fraser valley rose farm

Here’s some videos that I watch because I have roses

2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

Hi @logan1 love the look and colours of roses, also their smell, but have never tried growing them.
They always seem difficult to grow and look after, maybe a misconception on my part.
I don’t have flower beds in my garden I tend to grow my plants in pots that I can move around. Do roses do well in pots? :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

A rose is a favourite flower for me and I always try to come home with a single bloom for my wife if I have been out without her. I brought the first bloom many yeas ago, but it looked silly in a big(ish) vase, so I bought a single stem job and now we have several dotted around our home :+1:

2 Likes

@Chillie6 yes you can grow them in pots.

1 Like

That’s great @LongDriver

1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like
1 Like
1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

I love roses too, but try to only have the perfumed ones, luv 'em.
I have about 14 in various tubs around the front and back of the house, and a few more in the ground.

The biggest curse to me is the Blackspot every year, no matter how careful I am.
I admit I am not keen on using a lot of chemical sprays though, mainly because of my dogs always poking about where they shouldn’t!

1 Like

@Mups the way i see it can’t do much about black spot, just collect the leaves up when they fall off. It’s supposed to be in the soil and if the leaves are collected it should stop the cycle eventually. The other thing is to buy roses that are more resistant to it and a mulch might help.

1 Like

Thanks Logan, I will have a look at the video in a mo.
I read an interesting article in my garden magazine recently that said about using cornmeal (or cornflower around the plant to deter blackspot.
Apparently it contains a fungus which destroys the black spot fungus.
Worth a try I think.

1 Like

Never heard of that one.and your welcome.