Foxy's Latest Project

Do you not have any five week undercrackers?

You wear them for the first week as normal, then turn them back to front.
You then wear them back to front for another week before turning them inside out but still back to front.
After another week you then turn them right way round but still inside out.
After a fourth week you finally roll them up into a thong and wear them like that for the fifth week.

By the end of that time Mrs Fox will be back home and the magic laundry basket will be working normally again. :mrgreen:

Thanks Fruitcake, but I think Iā€™ve found a solutionā€¦Discovered a pair of white frilly knickers in Mrs Foxā€™s underwear drawer that should cover it until she returnsā€¦:cool: Rather fetching I thoughtā€¦:lol:

Well okay then. Whatever tickles your fancy.

Thatā€™ll be the frills no doubt.
:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I would not wish to speculate. :shock:

Foxyā€™s next projectā€¦

Could you put me down for your first production model, please?

None of your pre-production experimental stuff, though.

Donā€™t you think thatā€™s just brilliant JB?
It had to happenā€¦

I had to watch it twice to make sure it was real and not some sort of trickeryā€¦I can see that happening (with a bit of modifications - like a roof in case it rains)

Excellent.

Any idea of the projected range?

Iā€™m surprised no-one crashed ā€¦amazing seeing thatā€¦is it real?

Knowing you, it is well within your capabilities.

How long a power cable do you think you will need? :lol:

looks like it was all done with mirrors??

I saw that too a few days ago and I will admit that I wondered the same.
But basically itā€™s what is commonly referred to as a drone and the one in the clip looks to be quite large and have a lot of motors so ???
:102:
Both Amazon and UPS are testing drone deliveries so thereā€™s obviously some capability for these things to carry some weight, but a whole human?
:shock:
One thing I know for sure: much though I would love a go, it certainly wouldnā€™t be in traffic like that.

I thought that as wellā€¦but look at him, not a pick on him! he needs a good feeding up :smiley:

Oh, that canā€™t have been Foxy himself, as heā€™s far from skinny! :lol:

Youā€™re going to have to learn how to surf first :smiley:

I suppose it could be internet trickery, there doesnā€™t seem to be many clear shots. However, if you look at the radius of the motors, itā€™s very large and would provide a stable platform. Battery size would be a problem though, the greater the range and the heavier the load, the larger the battery would need to be. Perhaps thatā€™s why he is so skinny. I think that was a problem with space flight, the more powerful the rockets were, the more fuel was needed, so the rockets had to be more powerfulā€¦sort of catch 22ā€¦That method sure seems safer and more doable than jet packs. Iā€™ve got a model helicopter and itā€™s a bitch to fly, I got it before drones came out which are easy peasy to keep in the air. With new battery and motor technology, itā€™s a whole new exciting world and I think that clip of the drone is quite possibly for real.

Balancing a board on a ball should be all the training Iā€™ll need to defy gravity and get airbourne Minx, although I might have to lose a few pounds like JB suggestsā€¦:cool:

Hi Foxy, do you remember when I was building the first electric bike and, after buying a soldering iron and a solder gun, I had problems generating enough heat on the XT60 connectors etc, well I have bought one of these. Have you ever soldered with a flame, if so, how easy is it?

https://i.ibb.co/jT0yqXv/EC12-A74-F-2-B97-4-DC6-9-E1-A-79697-DD17615.jpg

We were issued with liquid-gas powered slobbering irons at work, the ones that look like a fat pen. There was a small combustion chamber and an interchangeable end. You could have it as a mini blowtorch with a flame about the size of a pencil end, or put a soldering tip on it. The flame heated up the tip so you used it as a normal iron.

If yours is just a flame without a metal tip, you might find pinpoint soldering a problem, especially on a circuit board as the heat would be spread across other components.
Yours looks more like the ones posh chefs use to blacken baked goods to hide other defects.

If you are using it for something like joining two individual wires or connectors away from anything else, then I donā€™t think you will have a problem.

The main problem with the gas ones is that we werenā€™t allowed to work in the test chambers with them because of the risk of KABOOM if the flame got too near a fuel or oil feed connector, or the collection of heavier than air vapours that pooled in pits and drains.
Everything had to intrinsically safe so we had a couple of smoldering irons with rechargeable batteries that we could draw from stores if we needed to.