Foxys Forthcoming Hospital Visit

Good to see You back safe Rab…now We can all breathe a sigh of relief…take it easy,xx

1 Like

Just read about your time is hospital Foxy and, although there must have been some worry, it sounds good and the food was good too! :smiley:

You are not the best at doing as you are told, but please try hard till they say you can move your arm without doing any damage.
Having the procedure so close to Christmas may prove to be a good thing…as you can’t move your arm much Mrs Fox and any visitors will have to do all the work & you can chat on here whenever you want :laughing:
It will be interesting to keep up to date with your progress!.

1 Like

Great to read your account Foxy :+1: but I had to smile at the detail of the food!
Food is a priority when you’re in hospital!! :apple::banana::cheese::pancakes::bacon::fries::stew::taco::ramen::shaved_ice::ice_cream::birthday::cake:

2 Likes

He’s a man! Food is always a priority for men.

Very well done Foxy. Try not to overdo it and DON’T try to out-pace your pacer…not yet anyway.
Take care.

1 Like

You going again next week ?

2 Likes

Looks like, the NHS has looked after you very well Foxy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks everyone, I promise not to overdo it until next week…I expect results by then…
:running_man: :walking_man: :golfing_man: :swimming_man: :man_cartwheeling:
Good idea smiffy, I’ll try out the pacemaker and perhaps return to hospital next week for a ‘tune up’
:motorcycle:
The treatment at the Sheffield Northern General was brilliant Muddy. In fact, my previous visits in 2004 and 2014 were just the same. The staff (nurses, doctors and auxiliary) could not be faulted and I would always put my complete trust in the sharp end of the NHS.

1 Like

Sorry LongDriver, I got distracted by all this covid stuff…
:mask:
It’s a two lead version, and a router to relay information back to hospital, but I can’t seem to get Over Fifties on that router…
:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Shall we start calling you the Bionic Fox then? :joy:

2 Likes

Bob :grin: good to hear all went well and you are back home, I really didn’t expect the procedure to go ahead, someone I know had their operation at the NG cancelled for a second time recently due to lack of beds.

I hope you will be running again soon …

1 Like

Bump. Gumbud was asking after you Foxy, and it seemed easier to bump the thread up.

1 Like

whats all the hooha about - it’s just a pacemaker insert - like puttin a new clutch in ya car - easy peasy - but well done anyway laddie - never mind the walking just be careful about sex ok??

1 Like

I think the main initial thrust of the thread was about cancellations of the appointment.

1 Like

or changing the windscreen wipers on a ford fiesta… no wait it’s probably far easier than that and works!

1 Like

Not just a pacer, but a two lead job, indicating it has the defibrillation ability as well as pacing. That is a serious piece of kit and could knock Foxy off his feet at any time it detects a life threatening arrhythmia.

1 Like

:congratulations: Foxy. I hope all will get back to normal quick sharp for you now you’ve had your pacemaker installed.

1 Like

whatever you do Foxy for the moment 'don’t push yaself too hard ’ - do you think he will listen??

1 Like

Not at all.

1 Like

… good to see you up 'n running again foxy

:023:

1 Like

Just like Mrs Fox knocked me off my feet when I first saw her back in 1970 LongDriver…
:heart: :heart: :heart:

Thanks Dex, appreciate it… :+1:

Thanks d00d, haven’t been out yet and I’ll be going out for my first walk in half an hour, I’ll take gumbud’s advice and go steady…For the first mile…
:grin: :biking_woman: :man_cartwheeling: :running_man:

1 Like