Fountain pens

Anyone else like them?

I have quite a few and use them whenever possible.
A much better writing experience than anything else imo.

They are, do make my fingers inky though.

Youā€™re holding it wrong thenā€¦:mrgreen:

I was given one as a Christmas present and Iā€™ve not looked back. I absolutely love it! It even makes my ermmā€¦ ā€œcreativeā€ handwriting shall we say, look most presentable :023:

Itā€™s worth giving some Chinese fountain pens a try.

I have some which Iā€™ve bought direct and they put some of my Ā£80 - Ā£100 western made ones to shame.

Direct as in you bought them in China? Or over the internet?
And what did they cost?

Over the internet.

I have this one in the link. If you liked the legendary Parker 51, youā€™d love this. The build quality is superb and writes like a champ. Most of the Chinese sellers on the bay are pretty reliable. Takes anything from 8-30 days to arrive though.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Original-Hero-100-Black-Fountain-Pen-14K-Gold-Fine-Nib-Classic-Series-/390847448859?hash=item5b0052c71b:g:IGIAAOSwEetWBPUl

Thank you!

That one above, is actually quite expensive for a Chinese fountain pen. I also have the one below. Itā€™s Heroā€™s take on the classic Parker Duofold.

Youā€™d be amazed at the build quality and how it writes. Itā€™s better than my Waterman Expert IIā€¦

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hero-7022-Black-and-Blue-Granite-Medium-Nib-Fountain-Pen-/321438780036?hash=item4ad73e8a84:g:4i8AAOSw37tWBPMa

Always loved my cartridge pen when I was at school, used to get in a bit of a mess with the refillable ones. I still appreciate something well written with an ā€˜inkpenā€™! Not used one for a few years but I have a couple somewhere, I think.

I had a fountain pen as school but it was confiscated because I managed to cover myself and half the classroom in ink :blush:
I was a very messy child :lol:

Here is my small pen collection. One Parker 61 was given to me by my parents for my 21st birthday ā€œa couple of years agoā€ā€¦ It is at nine oā€™clock. The other '61 is at three oā€™clock. One Watermans ballpen packed up, but there are no spares for itā€¦sobā€¦sob.

http://s1.postimg.org/a4lophti7/Pen_Collection.jpg

Woaw!!! Thatā€™s a LOT of fountain pensā€¦

I love fountain pens, I always have.

Itā€™s been a lifelong quest to find a good writer with an endlessly smooth flow.

I have several of the Chinese Pens you mention and yes they are lovely writers easily as good as a Montblanc minus the price.

Many years ago, I watched John Major sign a treaty with a fountain pen that looked a small stick of rock, I knew that it had to be something special but it wasnā€™t until the internet I found out what it was. Apparently in Europe all treaties are signed with Pelikan Souveran M1000 Pens (Black).

Iā€™m now the proud owner of a Pelikan Souveran M600 green striated fountain pen and a matching rollerball pen. The M1000 would have looked silly in my hand although I would have loved a go:)

The nib is a feat of engineering and I very often find myself staring at it instead of writing. My love of pens is so deep I can make no sense of it except itā€™s always been there.

I favour Noodlers inks and have been using Turquoise for the last eight years.

I donā€™t know if you know about the this site OP but Iā€™ve spent many a happy hour there discussing pens and ink.

http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/

I remember when I was a kid at grammar school, long before the days of the ball-point pen, I always had ā€˜De la Rueā€™ fountain pens. Like Meg, I had ink all over my fingers.

We had to use fountain pens with Italic nibs at school. We all had to learn to write in Italics.

Yes, I love fountain pens. I have Parker and Platignum fountain pens. I only write with an italic nib using black bottled ink (Quink). Some of my pens have ink cartridges but the older ones have the squeezy bit which have almost perished as they must be approx 50 years old! I have lots of different nibs.
People know me by my handwriting and I only use unlined Basildon Bond blue notepaper when I write a letter!

Iā€™ve been on there for some time. Good site.
Inks - I like Montblanc midnight blue and Diamine inks.

It is a great forum and a real boon for us people who love the things that usually get a raised eyebrow from most quarters : - )

I love Visconti inks, too, Turquoise again, Iā€™m really stuck on that colour.

well fascinating - much discussion of pens and ink but what do you do with them these days apart from writing Xmas cards and birthday cards?