Foundation or tinted moisturiser

Which do you find best for ladies of our age? I am torn between the two. I find tinted moisturiser easier but a light foundation seems to give a better coveragfe.

Tinted moisturiser always. I like BB Garnier skinactive in the anti-ageing version medium colour. I used to use Nivea but they stopped making the one I liked. But I have never been able to wear foundation. It always felt like putting a layer of oil paint on and I’m sure it clogs the pores.

I use moisturizers on my washed face morning and night. But for the lightest, yet best, blending of my skin tone, I use Lancome Regergie Lift foundation. Not heavy at all, not cake like, just soft. I have used it for years, never any break outs, blends easily, doesn’t leave marks on clothing (if you are giving a hug) and is easy to remove with soap and water. It’s a bit pricy, but well worth it.

I only usually use ordinary moisturiser, but have a tinted moisturiser for when the fancy takes me. I like Nivea as it has an SPF factor and it’s also cheap. Fortunately my skin is still good so I can get away with it (I think).

I just pop moisturiser on these days … the last time I wore any foundation or kind of cosmetics was back in 2013 at my brother’s wedding and I felt like mutton dressed as lamb then (age 51).
I do think makeup on older women is a case of ‘less is more’ and is best kept to an absolute minimum.

It’s just ordinary Nivea moisturiser for me, never foundation.

:017:

female makup is purely to attract men, don’t believe it is for anything else

Aha you don’t understand at all! Women are the harshest judges of other women! If a woman has not made an effort it’s females who will pick it up with the special radar we have. We will also pick up if a woman has made too much effort. I wonder how many of Tracy Brabin’s critics were men?

I prefer tinted moisturizer but, I just recently saw a video on mixing the tinted moisturizer with a pore or wrinkle filler. The lady brushed it on like paint instead using her fingers. Made her look younger and have a better complexion.

I bought my wife Polyfiller, worked well as long as she didn’t smile.

Tinted moisturiser all the way. Foundation doesn’t cover the cracks :wink:

Tinted moisturiser so natural . Just gives me colour . I dont like to see heavy make up on older women . I did have a make over freebie in Devenhams once , omg , my eyebrows were huge and dark , my face clogged and plumped , my lips outlined in deep pencil and topped off with lippy .

Clown like

I so agree with you there Susan. :023:
It always looks rather sad to me.