Foundation Make-Up

I don’t usually wear a foundation, but when I do I generally wear Nivea tinted moisturising cream, which is quite inexpensive. I do like Clinique, but feel I have to save it for “occasions” As a result one bottle lasts for ages; lasts so long that I wonder if it has gone off. Still smells OK though and I don’t come out in spots.

To be fair I have yet to find a body smoother thats smells as gorgeous as Clinique Elixir. Give it a try Swimmy, you’ll have all the men chasing ye hehe

I can smell a woman wearing Elixir at a thousand paces ! :smiley:
As for foundation I used , like Artangel , to use Leichner ,then moved to Revlon Touch and Glow , also discontinued .
Moved to an EsteeLauder one , now discontinued but their present ones that come under Double Wear etc .are too drying so I’m on my third bottle of …drumroll …Rimmel Wake Me Up , anti fatigue ,VitaminC , SPF20 . Long bottle with an orange top ,very inexpensive .
It goes on super-smoothly over my L’Oreal serum and their Cell Renew Day Cream .

Swimmy, l remember in the 1960’s l used to use Mary Quant make up. I was talking to someone who was a student and he said in the holidays, he worked at Outdoor Girl which to me was considered a cheap brand.
He told me Mary Quant was manufactured by Outdoor Girl in the same factory and the only difference was the packaging.
So l agree with you on this one.

Zuleika, l am well impressed that you used Leichner too. It was classed as an expensive make up years ago. How ever they could sell such quality stuff for £3, l don’t know.
I love Revlon and used to use their mascara. At one, time everyone raved about Estée Lauder mascara. I paid a lot of money for one once and wasn’t impressed. I went back to using Maybelline mascara.

Many of the foundations available now make my skin look dry and old, that’s why l stick to Leichner.
I use Ponds Cream in the green top pot that l think my daughter orders from Amazon and it comes from America to remove my make up.
I don’t think you can beat Ponds Cleansing Cream. Joan Collins and Kylie Minogue swear by it!

Does it make your skin look smooth, zuly?

LQ, do you have Maybelline products over there?

I have switched to using Maybelline Dream Urban Cover: Flawless Coverage. It applies smoothly and is SPF 50.

For lighter coverage I used Neutrogena Foundation Enhancer, SPF 20. It’s sheer and light.

Yes SM we do. I’ll have to try that one if its flawless. I’m going to try the Rimmel I bought the other day tomorrow as I’m going out on a special outing x

Yes ,I was only thinking that as I put it on today .This is what it’s about LQ.[I]

RIMMEL WAKE ME UP FOUNDATION
Discover a cult makeup product for less than £9: Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation. The one with the orange lid (read: super easy to pick when you’re in a rush), this foundation is formulated to brighten and awaken your complexion with a blend of peptides and a vitamin moisturising complex. Basically, it’s a skinny latte with an extra shot for your skin.

We love this Rimmel foundation as it’s longwearing and leaves a dewy and radiant finish. Perfect for those with dry or combination skin, or looking for a light finish.[/I]

Moving on from the last post in here November 2019 things have changed ?
Half of our face covered when we go out ?
Have we changed our routine ?
I no longer put foundation on so I’m looking at an ever growing paler skin on my face .How about you ?
I’d like to try a tinted moisturiser if only to make me look less pale in the mirror never mind outdoors .
Which to choose ?
Recommendations please .

I have two tinted moisturisers, they just add that tiny touch of colour…I always tend to use the No 7… you only need a very tiny amount, Zuleika.

Pauline Thanks ! I just Googled both . Which shade in the No 7 . I have very fair skin my hair’s Silver .
Any reason you use that one instead ot Clinique?

i can’t see the shade on either, Zuleika…they had testers,.i think it may have been a number, neither of which I can find on these tubes, I’ve had them about 3 yrs…

You will need to test the shade on your own skin before you buy.

Number 7…looks more natural I think.

This is a bit long, but it gives an idea of how long we ought to keep cosmetics for once they have been opened.

Lipstick
Hold onto it for 18–24 months, or until the smell and/or odor changes. “I’m not as concerned about bacteria as I am about the oils going rancid,” Wilson adds. Rancidity is expedited by heat, so don’t leave your lipstick locked in the car on a hot day (or steamy bathroom, for that matter).

Blush/eyeshadow/pressed powders

These can last up to 12–18 months. Clean your brushes often to avoid contamination and make them last even longer. For the most part, pressed powders won’t ever really turn bad because there’s no oil or water in them.

Lip gloss

Glosses will last for at least 12 months, closer to 18 if it’s an oil-based product and you store it properly. But the nature of the product—pulling the wand out of the tube, letting in oxygen, and then dipping it back in with your saliva on it—ups the chances of it turning. Arnett’s insider tip: apply gloss to the back of your (clean!) hand first, and then dab onto the lips to extend its glossy life.

Mascara

Since it’s wet, mascara’s more prone to bacteria growth, Arnett explains. And since it’s your eyes, you should be concerned about keeping it fresh and clean. Many people will keep a tube for six months—most brands out there call that out as the magic number. But some formulas will flake and clump before that; others, if you take good care of them, will last a lot longer.

“I keep mascaras for up to a year but I don’t use the same mascara every day and it’s stored in a dry place,” Wilson explains. “If you’re not careful about storage then I would toss in 6-9 months.” But always err on the side of caution to protect your peepers.

Eyeliner

Pencils, as long as you sharpen them often, shaving away the oxidized and potentially bacteria-laced tip, can last as long as it takes to use them up. So this is where to stock up. “Since you are so close to the eye, you just don’t want to take a chance with bacteria,” Wilson warns.

Foundation/concealer/tinted moisturizers

These products are often made with plant oils, so if you’re careful to avoid contamination and store them away from heat, they’ll last longer than water-based products. Again, a smell and color check will let you know when these have turned—your nose will know if the oil is rancid. As long as you wash your hands first, and use clean brushes or sponges, these should last around 12–18 months.

I always moisturise, before I apply the tinted moisturiser, Zuleika, even though it’s a tinted moisturiser…

That made me smile Pauline . Not taking any chances?
Have you a fav moisturiser?

I always throw make up etc. out after it’s expiry date ,as Mups has shown in her post ,stuff does go off .

Mups, that’s great information! I didn’t know that. I found this website too, if it helps anyone:
http://checkcosmetic.net/

There’s no expiry date on number 7…,personally,I don’t take notice of what is said about it going off…I’ve been using tinted moisturiser for years…same as mascara,I don’t use it now, but when I did, it lasted me for a couple of years…I don’t believe all that I read.:smiley:

I’m the judge of what I use and how long I use it for.

No fav moisturiser…but not a cheap one either.:smiley:

I use Vichy serum then their Rich Cream on top .
So I expect I”ll put the City Light on top of the serum and try that , leaving the Rich Cream for nighttime .

I don’t bother with foundation at the moment but I do use translucent powder (bourjois) and some maybelline lippy.