For those who like Vintage Autos

When I was 14- 15, a Massey Ferguson 35X was my tractor on one of the farms I worked on. It was a great tractor. Even if I did always drool over the new 1200.

4 Likes

Rubber Bumpers.

Whatever happened to Morris Garage. I always loved their cars. Great photo. Beautiful auto.

no idea but…
lost the internet lol
was trying to say what models

none of those then… :innocent:

1 Like

I shall not cause harm to any vehicle, nor the personal contents thereof, nor through inaction let that vehicle or the personal contents thereof… come to harm. -The Repo Code

A Repo Man is always intense

1 Like

No one is repoing the BMW, its mine, lock stock and barrel.

1 Like

Our Car:

Morris 8 two seater tourer - 1936

6 Likes

A beautiful machine Susie and what a shine, I bet it didn’t look that good when new! :+1:

Beautiful car and photo!

We had a 1936 Austin that I used to drive about on the farm. I was early teens at the time.

1 Like

unnamed

I learned at 10 to drive a stick. I learned in a truck that looked like this one on my Grandfathers farm. Nearly ran over some of the cattle, I could barely see above the dash. :grinning: good times. :grinning: :grinning:

I think I had posted copy photos of the Cars Husband had once…
well cant find them right now…but got this one that is not so old though

Ex Police Car and fast…

3 Likes

This is what it looked like when my Husband first bought it.

2 Likes

Most of here in UK drive a stick or manual as we call it. I have had just a couple of autos in my fifty odd years. One was a V-12 but the fuel consumption was absolutely awful.

2 Likes

My first car was a pre war Austin 8. Top speed was about 40mph which was just as well because the mechanical brakes were a bit dodgy. I still remember the number plate ASA404.

That’s a lovely car Susie!

Quite different here. Automatics are common. If you want a manual you have to specify, if that particular manufacturer makes one. Manual is very rare here anymore. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Can you drive stick shift (manual transmission) Danny?

I have to tell this. The other night I was watching a special about Joanna Dennehy. No doubt an insane woman. What got me and I will admit I was rolling on the floor with this. Her and her accomplice were on the run and they stole a Vauxhall, her accomplice was 7 foot 3 inches. So these intelligent idiots find the smallest car available. He looked so scrunched behind the wheel. Well at least they’re both where they belong.
Context
Wilt-Chamberlain-Volkswagen-Beetle

Wilt Chamberlain was only 7 foot 1

2 Likes

The White Rover was a V8 and the Boss at Lynx was a big delivery Company now DHL own it… had the cheek to say we are obviously paying out drivers too much money…He was not joking…
Forget one man’s wage even back in the 60/70’s, I worked mornings and evenings for a good standard of living back then.
Had a lot of fun with our vehicles…except when they broke down in the middle of Holidays in France… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes