Football - the only sport I can think of that get away with cancelling our usual telly programmes

I hear the football season is about to start again :frowning:
It’s the only sport I can think of that get away with cancelling our usual telly programmes to broadcast a match instead. Bet there would soon be complaints if they cancelled football to show a quiz show or soap instead, so why is it fair the other way round? And while I’m having a moan, why don’t they keep all sport on the sport’s channel in the first place, so the enthusiasts could happily watch it without it being thrust on everyone else as well. :100:

1 Like

Football started last weekend. I had a lovely trip to Torquay to watch it.
I do agree that Televised football that overruns or replaces other programmes is not so good. There are plenty of sports channels now.
It used to be FA Cup final. Some England games and the odd European game if an English team got in to the last 8.

I like football Mups but not an avid viewer anymore but I tend not to miss England games and when I was a fan of Man Utd, I would watch most of their games. I wouldn’t have a problem with the games being on a terrestrial channel cos, I have to say, Coronation Street trumps Man Utd every time :lol:

Perhaps I should try to be as placid as you ben-varrey. Think my dislike possible stemmed from my ex-husband who was an avid supporter and think I had it rammed down my throat too much! :smiley:

I cannot believe football is starting again so soon. Sick sick sick of still hearing about Wayne Rooney. Just sell the little twerp and put us out of our misery.
I agree there should be just one channel for football so it does not interfere with other programmes especially when it goes into extra time and I then miss a programme that I want to see.
That’s why I have sky sport so I can watch cricket/tennis/golf in peace. If there is a reason I cannot sleep I can usually catch up with something.

Sport especially football shouldn’t be allowed to ‘flood’ the channels.:twisted:

Sport should have it’s own dedicated channel imo.

Never mind football, it was only a couple of months ago that programmes were being disrupted for tennis, that should also have it’s own channel.

Tennis is a sport Jimmy.:confused:

So is football, and I am interested in neither of them, they should be on a separate sports channel, along with snooker.

It took years of working with children and also teaching Mups - can’t do either without being able to ‘chill’ as they say :wink:

Snooker’s not a sport! As someone wiser than myself said ‘if you can do what you’re doing with a cigar in your mouth, then it isn’t sport’ :wink:

You can’t have a cigar in your mouth when you are leaning over the table. :lol:
I

Exactly! :smiley:

So we agree then.:wink:

Yes :lol: I’m not into sport.

I’ve said it afore and I’ll say it again. I detest sport with a vengeance but there’s nothing wrong having it on telly, as long as it doesn’t interrupt more popular viewing.

Both ITV and BBC have multiple channels so, if they want to compete with each other, it should be on ITV2 or BBC2 as there’s mainly only rubbish on those channels anyway.

I haven’t had the use of a telly for about three years now, but I do like to use Catch-Up to watch earlier transmissions but, unfortunately, the sports which for me include football (most hated), tennis (second most hated), snooker, darts and anything else in between should be shifted to the secondary channels for the most avid fans and not mess about with MY programmes! :wink:

[quote=“ben-varrey, post: 318968”]
It took years of working with children and also teaching Mups - can’t do either without being able to ‘chill’ as they say ;-)[/QUOTE

Never realized you taught Mups BV.:-), or are you engaging in incitement.:lol::lol:

I feel just the same as you Pats. It’s not only women, I know quite a few men who dislike it too so why do they assume everyone is gagging at the bit waiting for the next match. :confused:

Count me int on that too Jean darlin’ please.

Yes likewise …there are sports channels . dont interfere with my evening viewing with football .