Football players pay rise

Do you mean the government or the people who pay the wages Julie. If its a company who own large office buildings I suppose they pay what they need to pay to get the building cleaned. The same would apply in airports and shopping centres etc.
if you are working for an individual rather than a large company you can negotiate your rates I presume.

I hate football, so I could never agree with their salaries. I know it’s some peoples lifes. Those are the people who probably think they deserve the money they get. Maybe if I was a footie fan then I’d think different :wink:

To be fair the people who own the buildings tend to out source the cleaning they pay a large sum thinking a lot will go on wages and are often shocked when they realise how little the private company they employ pays the cleaners.
I have worked in the private sector and the public sector generally public sector is better paid but less well organised and equipped I have found. No negotiation these days it’s if you don’t like it there are thousands of Eastern Europeans waiting to take the job who will work for less.

Yes I think that sort of thing happens a lot when jobs are out sourced and the company who pay them are not getting a fair deal either.
I see what you mean about not being able to negotiate, in the end its not what a good job you do, it’s hard when a person takes pride in doing a good job. There are people in most jobs who are lazy compared to others they work with, it’s very hard to see them being paid the same for doing a lot less.

Absolutely heart breaking it is :frowning:

Unless you work for royalty, I can’t see domestic staff ever getting a good salary. That’s the reality of things from what I know of.

My partner paid his housekeeper £12 an hour, which I thought was very good. It was more than I get :wink:

I don’t think I am asking for a good salary just enough to live on would do me.

Do work at royal residents myra , staff get minnuim wage , some get to live in but many don’t the wages are terrible

Yes Markey, in my own little world I stupidly think some people will get some benefits and perks working for certain people. Of course it’s not always the case. I’ve never worked anywhere that you get bonuses or the likes. I hear about the bonuses the workers of Santander get each year and it’s more than a year’s salary for me. How the hell can anyone justify that? They’re already getting well paid. That’s banks for you. I don’t grudge anyone an extra penny, but I do hope that they appreciate what they have. Some families are struggling to pay rent. It’s an unfair world imo.

Edit: And I point blank refuse to believe that they work harder than most people trying to scrape by.

After my job in IT, I worked as a school janitor. Reasonable pay for a fairly menial job - about £19k pa. It was salaried and had a final salary pension. (I should be getting that this year)

The cleaners were employed by a cleaning firm and the contract was out to tender every two years. The cleaners were an OK bunch, but some were a bit lazy. Most of the older ones just did it for ‘pin money’ because they had a spouse with a good income. They didn’t really care much about the job.

It was the same with the support staff. Many of them, like myself, were semi-retired and worked to keep themselves busy and not so much for the money.

AS for footballers, millionaires etc… I don’t really care what they earn. I have always had a career where I could advance and have a reasonable income. Some people earned less than me and some a hell of a lot more.
We’ve got to look after ourselves and make the best of what we’ve got.

Some of the highest payed people in sport play baseball-shoot I was pretty good at rounders at primary school-missed out there

Yes that’s true. Anyway, I do think you cut your cloth to suit your needs. If you earn a basic wage then you try and manage the best you can.

It does help when you enjoy your job. Maybe not so good wages, but self worth and contentment does help. I always feel sorry for those who earn a pittance and HATE their job. They probably dread a Monday morning. Now that is a shame :frowning:

Of course, they need cleaners to clean out the showers and changing rooms so here we are :smiley: Give us a good wage and the tips :smiley:

I love my job but if I can’t afford to live in this area (and it’s becoming obvious I can’t) then exactly where do I go ? we all need wages that pay enough to live where we work, or everyone will be doing their own cleaning because we will be in a ghetto up the road unable to get to you.

If I were a rich man I would sooner have a good cleaning lady in my mansion than own a football team, footballers and games are one thing and only worth the playing of, and some of these glorified one trick wonders, womanisers, and public whingers think they are the only onion in the stew, but a good cleaning lady is worth her weight in pure gold.
In the old days the well to do would try to swipe a good cleaner from their friends, make tempting offers of more money and better conditions, cleaners, cooks, nannies, and butlers of good reputation were highly thought of and an asset to pass down to your children, indeed many children got more love from their nannies and house staff then they did from their own parents. Give me a good housekeeper to manage my home and I’m as happy as Larry, that is of course providing I was a single rich man, as it is I have to settle for the wife God bless her. :smiley:

I must admit that while I could afford to buy a reasonable house when I moved to Hampshire, by the time I left, I couldn’t. New small semis started at around £250k - not the £13k that I paid. My employer also paid all the relocation expenses, loans and interim accomodation. I doubt if many firms do that now. Unless you’re a footballer??

Friend of mine is a caretaker just of Regent’s Park , the town houses over look regents pk , and are crown properties , the lease cost many millions to buy , some resident have brought two flats and knock into one large flat , two other chaps I know that are chuffeurs one of them works for a Arab family , they basically visit the flat one or twice a year if that , my friend drives a brand new Mercedes and get really good wage for just keeping a eye on the place , there’s also two full time cleaners working in arabs flat , again on a good wage and doesn’t hardly do any work until the residents come to the uk , Norman the other chuffeur work for Marget thatcher on and off for years

But that the cleaning job to have , one can do other work and get two wages per week

It is good to diversify.

Don’t think anyone on here would complain if they had a skill that made them millions , just seems if other people earns well people get the ass about them , good luck to anyone that earns well my motto

I don’t think many of us have a problem with people earning as much as they wish all we want is enough to live on too. If the two are not compatible then we need to work out a way to get rid of those of us who are not able through disability or lack of skills to make enough to live on comfortably - lethal injection ? gas chamber ? whatever suits the high earners I suppose. Because not being willing to share means they need to find a way to take care of the rest of us.