Football Disappointment!

At long last we have been put out of our misery, although I would have rather it had not been Wigan who finally screwed our Premiership casket lid down.
I have the upmost respect for their manager Mr Martinez but the odious Dave Whelan is another matter.

Sadly less than an hour after the match our illustrious management showed their collective class by sacking Grant and announcing the fact.

Of course we all knew he would have to go but was it really essential that he be given the boot before at least after they returned to the Boleyn.
He may well have had some thing in his terms regarding relegation but that was out of order. Smacks of the Spitting Cobras TV persona really.

Truth is the drop comes as no real surprise, we have been on the cusp of relegation all season and in all honesty for the last six years.

We will return as we have always done, probably it is the ingredient of masochism that is essential to be a Hammer supporter. We love the crazy choices of manager and coaches who possess the unique talent of spotting overweight, unfit players and general no-hopers and pay them more money a season for not playing than most of us would earn in a lifetime.

We drool over the way we can snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in game after game

It is though time to start from the basics. A manager who knows his job, a journeyman squad who want to play for us and earn their wedge, a coach who can get them playing as a team.
We have always had a reputation for playing ‘football’, well for a while they should grind out results and then there will be time for the pretty stuff.

Now, Burnley is just down the frog and Leeds not much further, never been to Coventry’s ground and, "ere John, Hull ?:lol:

Fortune’s always hiding,
I’ve looked everywhere,
I’m forever blowing bubbles,
Pretty bubbles in the air.

Commiserations Hammer on the bad news. Afraid Grant was dead man walking, when Brady went after Martin O’neill some months back, and got rebuffed.If I was you guys, I’d get after Chris Hughton sharpish. He did a splendid job getting Newcastle straight back up, only for that idiot Ashley to sack him for no good reason. Super manager, and a London boy to boot. As for Hull, they had a chance to return, but blew it. Don’t forget it’ll cost you £2.70 either way to cross the Humber Bridge by car to get to Hull. Daylight robbery. Good luck in the dreaded Championship.

Hi John, Thanks for the suggestions and info,

I do agree about Chris Hughton, he actually played for us for a couple of seasons after Spurs and he is a local boy.

He did get jumped on at Newcastle but Ashley would not know class if it stood in front of him.

Sometime ago I was reading about Paulo Di Canio and Julian Dicks being teamed up as the new fearsome twosome management super team.

Fortunately I woke up and put it down to a nightmare, at least I hope it was.:blush:

Oh dear! Trouble at the West Ham dinner do apparently, seems one of the players refused to sign an autograph for a fan saying that he was “too tired” then all hell broke loose according to reports with a table being tipped up and glasses and chairs thrown along with a brawl, what a shame it has to develop into such unpleasantness.

I have read a few accounts of the fracas, all different. It will be a while before the truth comes out.
I am just glad I did not buy the tickets I was offered.:smiley:

I see the alleged Blackburn bung has surfaced again and the manager has been accused of drink driving.

Scottish football is also in trouble with players accused of class ‘A’ drug offences and sectarianism rearing its ugly head.

I wonder where that will all end.
Very sad.

Forgot to have a moan about My lot losing at home to Spurs lol, trust Harry and co to push a pin into the bubble at Anfield!
You never know what is round that corner do you? Can but hope for next season but I expect a bit more stability at least.:confused:

All over now as they say, the trapdoor has sprung on Blackpool and Birmingham to join the hapless Hammers - as anyone who saw our game against Sunderland will know only too well - in the championship next term.

I had hoped our players would have at least put up some sort of fight if only to showcase themselves to any masochist manager that just might have been watching.:cry:

Not a bit of it, collective ineptitude if that is a real word.
What a disgrace to our very name.

Felt a bit sorry for Olly as him and Blackpool have livened up the Prem this season.

As for Birmingham, it seems they will have yet another season to haunt us. Ironic really that two clubs the gruesome twosome have presided over have been relegated together. Spooky or what :cool:

Also strange to see Carlo Anchovy sacked after finishing second in the table and a place in Europe secured.

If that goes down as a failure get yerself down to E13 Carlo and bring Butch with yer, enjoy a bit of Irons hospitality and you can ave all the saveloys you can eat.

Nice to see the Reds finish in sixth place after a dismal time of it, look for better for my second club.

Now where is that cricket bat or did someone mention F1 yaaaaawn.:lol:

Motogp is still worth a good look though.:wink:

Hammer, when you look at that miserable bugger Abramovich, who in their right mind would want to manage for him. Carlo is well out of it. Yes shame about Blackpool, they were certainly a breath of fresh air in the money mad premier league.What they paid their players was more realistic in these money tight times.Don’t want to worry you, but when Sunderland of all people, can beat you 3-0 at home,time to get serious. New manager for you guys? The dream team, Stan and Olly(Holloway and Collymore) thats another fine mess they’ve got you into! Cheer up mate, might never happen.

:smiley: Brilliant John;-)

West Ham are already quoted at 7/1 with Paddy Power to win the Championship next season so it looks like the pundits are expecting them to bounce straight back. Wonder if Martin O’Neill would fancy managing them Hammer?
Loved your “dream team” John :smiley:

I think these two were lined up as it was thought they knew little enough about anything and would therefore fit in well at the Boleyn.:lol:
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m138/GeorgeSykes/wassname.jpg

Hammer you are getting to be very cynical LOL, I don’t suppose it will be that long before we see next season’s fixture lists then you can get your ticket for when West Ham come up to play in your neck of the woods.
Seriously though, I do wish them a very speedy return to the Prem, possibly with a manager who knows his business, that would be nice :slight_smile:
I will be looking in tonight as Man United take on the much vaunted Barcelona at Wembley, no doubt controversy galore will be on the cards!

Oh yes, isnt it exciting,went shopping today and as I left the house I thought I will go to the bookies and bet Barcelona to win… by the time I got there I had forgotten. Ah well have to say I am really a Manu fan but Messi is on the other side… what does Loyalty Mean… Annie33.

Just been talking on the dog to a mate from back home and he tells me that it is nailed on for the gruesome twosome to employ Sam Allardyce as our next manager.

Now tis Summer of our discontent made worse by this madman of Dudley and all the clouds that lour’d upon our house of Boleyn.

I have lived long and seen many things but I never though to witness the demise of the proper Hammers way of playing the once great game. For it surely will at the hands of the great bumping weight known as Big Sam.:cry:

Too terrible for words.:blush:

Yes Hammer, just been reading about the forthcoming appointment of Sam Allardyce with the reported promise of a Million quid bonus if he gets the team back up to the Premiership at the first time of asking. Oh dear oh dear, would that it will be just rumours.:frowning:

Any one like Harry Rednapp… keep hearing he may be England manager… Oh ,so will that be the end of Ryan Gibbs for Manu manager or does his notoriety bump him straight into no one! Annie.

He was a decent manager for us Annie and I think he would have stlll been there had certain Judases - if there is such a word - not done a hatchet job on him.

I don’t think somehow we would have been where we are today with him in the fold.

A local lad he did play for us in midfield, not exactly a dynamo but he did ok.

I watched the game tonight, after a spirited start of 10 minutes from ManU they were never really in it.

The final scoreline of 3-1 did not flatter Barca as technically, well in every department really, they were on a different planet.

One had the feeling that the spanish side could just step up a gear anytime they wanted to. Some of the movement on and off the ball was superb.

They look every inch a team with the emphasis on just that, a team.
World class.

I totally agree Hammer, the difference in class became so obvious as the game continued even though Rooney scored a fantastic equaliser one got the feeling that an avalanche could occur. A really classy side who time and time again cut through United as if they weren’t there. As one commentator said at the end, “the cream rose to the top”.

A great game, what players as you say “A Team” Thought Fergie would have done his fruit.( whatever that may mean) but there you go.