Food in moderation or Eat what you fancy

I bought a packet of Bakewell Tarts today, I threw caution to the wind and ate 4 with a glass of Raspberry cordial.
So do you indulge yourself or are you saving your body for the here after.?

1 Like

Well, I wouldn’t be able to eat 4 bakewell tarts, two maybe.

1 Like

Are we talking mini bakewells or the full size? :grinning:
That would be a bit overindulging.

1 Like

I eat as much as I want. I’ve never had a weight problem, so I don’t worry about it too much unless it makes me feel ill. My diet is vegan.

1 Like

If I have a box of chocolates I eat the top layer in one go. I just cant eat a few…

1 Like

I eat food in moderation. Usually low carb but I do treat myself now and then.

It’s more about preserving my body’s fitness level so that I can enjoy a wide range of activities in the here and now.

2 Likes

Wow, four is a Bakewell Binge but if you enjoyed it, then go for it, girl! :rofl:

I don’t think it hurts to indulge once in a while, and really enjoy it. Sometimes moderation causes cravings, then you give in, pig out and feel the guilt and put yourself on strict rations until next time. Viscous circle

Says she whose favourite dinner is a tub of salted caramel Haagan Daz and a spoon!

1 Like

Im talking Mr Kipling , which are the size of a Fairy cake Smithy, I think if they were the plate size ones id only manage 1 and 1/2 , or maybe i could force myself to have 2 , yes 2 would be my quota . :smiley:

2 Likes

Now Al could eat a box of Maltesers in one go . And id be saying save me one .

I eat in moderation,but if i have a craving i go for it.
Lifes too short to deprive yourself.
The trouble is,my clothes shrink if i keep indulging

1 Like

are cakes on the vegan list Butter?

1 Like

yes i have that problem too , but it gives me a excuse to buy more clothes

1 Like

You dont know Susie , my Challenge to you is buy a box of Mr Kipling Bakewell and see if you can eat 4 . :grin:

No sorry Eliza, but I don’t even like them, nor Mr Kippling cakes, also i’m Type I Diabetic, so have to watch what I eat and drink.

1 Like

I once had two helpings of bread and butter pudding, with custard

1 Like

you pushing the boat out there MW,I love Bread and butter pud too , when i make it theres 3 portions and I eat it over two days . You see I can ration myself sometimes .

Fry’s Turkish Delight… I’d happily exceed my quota.
Incidentally, the bars seem very tiny these days.
It’s not only wagon wheels that are much diminished.

7e4a43bf44572da157f90d97c7ae830c

1 Like

A long time ago, I ate a whole box of eight French Fancies. :grin:

2 Likes

Not a Battenburg man then?
Not everyone can handle their marzipan!

1 Like

I have been known to gorge on Battenburgs but that was a long time ago.

2 Likes