Food for the Gods...

They were definitely bigger, even though my hands were smaller and were sometimes sold in those sort of park kiosks you used to get. For all I know, they just took the wrappers off and sold them at a higher price or something. :lol:

The repulsive Berwick Kaler used to throw them to the audience during pantomimes at York Theatre Royal.

Never heard that before but then I don’t think I have ever been to one. :wink:

God damn it OGF !!!

Can you not create these type of threads please.

Wagon wheels are bad for you. Full of sugar, in fact 3 teaspoonfuls in each wheel plus all the saturated fats !

I mean there’s absolutely no nutrition in them at all !

They’re bad, really bad . . . . .

and yet I’ve still just had to buy a packet when I saw them today in the supermarket !!! All because you created this thread !

I’m so fickle. But they are yummy.

Definitely smaller than I remember them though :frowning:

Still I can eat 2 to make up for it !:shock:

Realist, I know there is little nutrition in them, but the sugar will boost your energy levels.:slight_smile: Look what they did for OGF, he can run miles and he still has lovely legs!:lol:

And they make your hands grow bigger according to Burton’s. :-p

Resistance is futile Realist…:smiley:
I visit Tesco with the best of intentions, I peruse the fruit and veg isles, select some Quorn mince from the cold cabinet, some soya milk and make my way to the tills…

But Tesco in their wisdom have deliberately placed obstacles in my way.
I have two choices, I can either pass down the crisp isle, or the biscuit isle…
I choose the biscuit isle, and after almost making my escape I notice the the yellow discount sticker…

I zoom in for a closer look and it refers to the Wagon Wheels…Six for a quid…A little over sixteen pence each…They mysteriously find their way into my basket…:frowning:

I feel your pain Realist…:wink:

Haha, they make up for my ‘Rugged’ looks Twink…:cool:

I was also turned on by the thought of a pack of wagon wheels last night so popped round to the local garage to get some but ended up with Tunnocks Tea cakes instead. I’m not sure which is best now.

Yes Primus, Kirk Sandall is the next village, although with all the house building that’s been going on around here you can’t tell where Kirk Sandall ends and Barnby Dun begins…:102:

The council put up a shiny new bronze sign, but the pikeys have weighed it in…:frowning:

No No No No No No No No No No Longdogs…One bite and they’re gone. I’m down to my last Wagon Wheel at close of play tonight, but despite rumours of shrinkage, I still think they are ‘pound for pound’ better value and more wholesome than any other biscuit…:cool:

As recommended by Realist…:smiley:

Anyway, size doesn’t always matter, if it did Mrs Fox would never have married me!..:blush:

Who says Wagon Wheels have got smaller…?
Look at the size of this jammy one…Yum Yum!

Blimey! That’s a big one Foxy. :lol: I reckon you should share that.

You should try the Morrison’s own brand, they’re actually nicer than the Magnum version and only 3 for £1.

Send me your address and I’ll pop it in the post Longy…:smiley:
Alternatively, I’m coming down to Southampton on Friday…:cool:

Not really near me Foxy but could you stick it on a train and I’ll meet it the other end. :lol:

I just don’t know what to think any more. You all have nabbed our Moon Pies (Wagon Wheels or some such nonsense) and Lifesavers (Polo), Realist eats sugar, OGF has giant (just ask Mrs. Fox) hands, and Ruthio thinks that I am weird.

I’m just going soothe my confusion, shock and disappointment with some caramel M&Ms. At least you haven’t renamed them…

Yet.

:mrgreen:

Never mind darlin’ - console yourself with some of these - chocolate macaroons !!!

https://www.google.com/search?q=chocolate+macaroons&tbm=isch&source=univ&client=firefox-b-d&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjzk5bs68fiAhVVRxUIHX6eBj0Q7Al6BAgFEA8&biw=1265&bih=591#imgrc=2VRBWIZqiYuW7M:

I’ve renamed Galaxy Counters…
I call them Naked Minstrels :smiley:

We only had ‘Treets’ originally until they changed to ‘minstrels’. Now we have M&Ms. I have been to the M&M shop in NY and bought a load of lovely colours. Not sure if the colours taste different though. :-p