Food for the Gods...

Food for the Gods, and they were smiling on Foxy today, Tesco were selling them for a quid…How about that!..:smiley:

1 Like

And Sylvia on till No.4 packing your bags fro you too, Bob! The stuff that dreams are made of. Enjoy mate :cool:

Ah the old wagon wheels !

Thing is, like so many other childhood sweets and treats I seem to remember them being pretty large, you really felt like you were getting your money’s worth from pocket money.

Now they seem tiny, just like Crème Eggs and Curly Wurlys.

They were ginormous when I was lickle. :mrgreen:

Used to love those.

Where in South Yorkshire are you?
We have just moved to sunny Donny.

Oh gosh, I am forever having to straighten you all out :mrgreen: These treats aren’t Wagon Wheels, they are Moon Pies ::023: !!!

In addition to being a popular treat here in the U.S., Moon Pies are often thrown from highly decorated floats during Mardi Gras parades As an alternative to Mardi Gras beads.

It is not uncommon in the more risqué Mardi Gras parades for the float krewes to shout out to the crowd, “Show me somerhin’!” In response to which, some females will quickly lift their tops and expose their breasts :shock::blush: in hopes that beads or Moon Pies will be thrown in their direction.

Moon Pie…um…Wagon Wheel heaven, OGF?

And what will happen the next time Sylvia sees OGF with Wagon Wheels and she calls out to him, “Show me somethin’!”

Beware, Tesco shoppers. Beware. :lol:

… come to think of it … they resemble cowpats. :smiley:

When I was a child I always thought they tasted like cowpats too! They were the only snack they I would rather throw in the bin than eat it!:078:… and I still don’t like them.:lol:

:shock:

How could you say that Twink???

Wagon wheels are the best. Moon pies… Pah! :lol:

I am not joking Dongle… I hate them. In the whole of my life I have had no more that 3 small bites, but they just make me feel sick!:078:

I agree with you Twink, I think Wagon Wheels have a strange taste too. The only reason I ate them in my schooldays was because they were big (then) and I was hungry :lol:

And the best part was Floydy, Mrs Fox took herself off to town shopping so out came the chair and I grabbed some rays…:cool:

Don’t forget lads, that hands were only little in those days.
And when my daughter had a school open day back in the late seventies, I couldn’t believe how small the desks and chairs were…:shock: I could hardly lift a chair when I was there back in the nineteenth century…:confused:
It’s all about relativity boys…;-)…

In wild Barnby Dun Besoeker, the stagecoach passes through once a week…:smiley:

Mardi Gras sounds brilliant Surfermom, and I don’t mind whatever they call them…
However, Sylvia did look rather ravishing today, and I might have chanced my arm a bit, so I’m waiting for someone to come and bail me out…Some people just don’t understand me!..:-(:-(:frowning:

Hahaha…a thousand Dung Beetles can’t be wrong d00d…and Mrs Fox has been calling me one for years…:confused:

[CENTER][SIZE=“5”]You cannot be serious!..:-(:-(:frowning:
[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Looks like just you and me for the Wagon Wheel Party then Longdogs…:038::038::038:

I think it’s a blokey thing anyway…:wink:
Wouldn’t mind attending a Mardi Gras though, and give them the Full Monty when they shout…:cool:

We are Foxy.:lol:

Just think if you had married me or Mags you could have eaten all we bought… and we would have never complained! :mrgreen:

Moon Pies!!

And I discovered on holiday that the common or garden Polo is called Life Savers!!
You should’ve seen me signing polo mint to try to get across “the mint with the hole”!

They’re a funny lot over the pond! :lol::lol::lol: