Flu vaccinations are early this year

I had a letter from the GP surgery inviting me to come for a 'flu jab on 28th Sept - being as the letter didn’t arrive until 5th Oct - it’s a good job I didn’t want one!!:-D:-D:-D

My wife went to the surgery yesterday to ask why she’s not been informed about the jab by phone. They said no jabs were available till the end of this month, and they were not taking bookings. Boots & LLoyds pharmacies are doing an e-mail waiting list for the flu jabs. I’m not having it myself, as 3 years ago, after having it, I felt desperate.Not had it since. The stories from some folks are worrying.:cry:

Well, I have to admit that my self inflicted Flu symptoms and planned stint on the sofa with grapes being fed to me didn’t materialise.

Apart from feeling a little more tired than usual last night and a slight ache in my arm (the opposite arm to the injection:017:) nothing happened. In fact, I felt better than any previous time I had it.

Read about future deliveries here:-
https://mailchi.mp/psnc/psnc-daily-update-14th-october?e=3f9a280e27

I spoke to my doctor (on the phone) today.
He again offered me the vaccination and I said I was concerned because whatever they have added this year, seems to be making more people poorly.
He said Yes, but it’s still better than having the Flu!

I had my flu jab on 26th Sept & had a tender red patch, the size of my palm, for 5 days… but it disappeared by 1st Oct.
I appreciate that some people have unpleasant reactions to them, but they seem to panic, thanks to all the anti flu jab rubbish they can read on the internet.

We have a personal choice about having the flu jab, so if you don’t want one, don’t have one. I have had one every year, with no real problems & it certainly won’t give you flu.
Mups’s doctor is right, flu will be much worse than any reaction to the jab! :lol:

Morning Mups…:hug::039:

If I hold my hand over a lighted candle, it won’t be as bad as if I stuff it into a fire…So I avoid hot things altogether!

I’ve never had the flu jab and never caught the flu, so my theory must be working…:smiley:
And now I wear my mask, I’m pretty much indestructible…:cool:

That’s the kiss of death then…you will have flu next week, followed by dandruff and an ingrowing toenail :lol:

I don’t think that I’ll catch the flu Vlad, not with my magic mask to protect me…(The lone ranger never caught flu)
But two out of three isn’t bad…

[SIZE=“1”]Where did I put the brush for my keyboard?
Ah! I found it next to the scissors…:cool:[/SIZE]

I will be 83 in six weeks time and had my very first flu jab this morning about an hour ago. No reaction so far.

Had my jab weeks ago…I am still coughing :shock:

Your choice Mups :slight_smile:
I know lots of people personally including my sister /BIL/brother/SIL/niece/neighbours/ many people in my heart support group who have had the flu vaccination this year with no ill effects .
None of them seem to have had even as much as a sore arm but I always do and have ice and massage at the ready.

Hi

I had much the same reaction, which is a good thing as it shows your antibodies are working.

It is a small inconvenience.

If you have flu it affects your immune system and raises the chance of Covid.

I admit it concerns me either way Meg.

From what I know though, the vaccine only protects against about 4 strains out of the approximate 140-odd strains though.

Every year I ponder on it, but have never had it as yet.
I will give it more thought with the Covid about as well this year though.

I also had the Pneumonia jab a few years ago ( they say you only need it once), because when your immune system is working overtime to get rid of a virus, you can easily get pneumonia. In fact if you don’t survive, Pneumonia is often listed as the cause of death!:shock:

I am with you on this one, Foxy.
Flu jab? Thanks but No Thanks!

Out of interest, did any of you that have had the jab get a plaster with it? Tight buggers here don’t either bother wiping it first any more let alone give you a plaster afterwards. :cry:

Way to go Arty…:023:
I wonder if people think that they will be protected from the covid virus if they have the flu jab?

You are right :shock: No plaster. And…no lollipop for being a brave boy!:shock:

Oh Blimey!! Lollipops, I had forgotten about those. I’m off to write to my MP. :-p