Flu vaccinations are early this year

I could say the same about the people having the vaccine. They can wander around with a mild version and not be aware of the virus, and infect those who did not have the vaccine.

My body is my property and as such I decide what I put into it.
On your reasoning then, all smokers, drinkers, obese people, and people who attempt to fight others especially with a bad heart, should also be paying for their treatment?

Fair comment Foxy. :023:

You could even extend that and say anyone that gets run over should have looked where they were going, or if you had a heart attack when you were out running, you shouldnā€™t have been running!

Begs the question - who should be eligible for free NHS help then? :slight_smile:

I donā€™t understand the science behind this view. When you have the vaccine you are told it wonā€™t protect you for two weeks. But after that period itā€™s those who are un-vaccinated who will be spreading the vaccinated strains.

Are you referencing that (flawed) study that Realist used to post (about the vaccine causing flu transmission)?

And we shouldnā€™t have to pay for people stupid enough to go on cruise ships spreading Covid19 (plus other nasty outbreaks) :wink:

There is no logical scientific reason at all Annie, other than; because Swimmy was having a go at me for not wanting the vaccinationā€¦:102:

I wonā€™t be spreading the virus to anybody else though Annie, because if I have caught the virus Iā€™ll be too poorly to go outā€¦And also, I hope to remain one of the 67,500,000 who havenā€™t yet been infectedā€¦And to this end, I shall wear my mask, never go to crowded indoor places, and avoid people in generalā€¦:wink:

Errrm!..:017:

As I posted earlier, it is a personal choice & anyway people like yourself who are sensible are unlikely to catch the virus and pass it on.
I will have the vaccination because , being diabetic means if I catch Covid19 I will have much less chance of surviving it. Mind you, it could be next spring before the jabs are availableā€¦ so I wonā€™t be coming round to kiss you Happy new year Foxy! :mrgreen:

I couldnā€™t possibly resist a kiss off you Twink, covid or notā€¦:wink:

Have a voucher from work for a flu jab,went on Boots site,canā€™t get one its being kept for 65ā€™s and over at the moment.

https://www.boots.com/appointment-online-holding

Due to unprecedented demand for flu vaccinations this year and stock availability for the flu vaccine recommended for under 65s, we have had to suspend bookings for anyone under the age of 65

I think they are using the first stocks for shielded patientsā€¦ those with illnesses like COPD, Diabetes & Stroke, at least that is what I have been told by my GPā€™s practice. I had a letter telling me to attend next Saturday at 12.15 to get my Flu jab.
If you suffer from any disease, that puts you at greater risk, you should speak to your doctorā€™s surgery.

I had a text message from my GP for a Sunday flu jab last week, fractured hip and I made it on time, with a projected shortage of the shots it was worth the effort

Vlad, have you ever had any unpleasant reaction to the jab, even if a short-lived one?

Luckily no Mups, my good lady always has a raised area after the jab

I have asthma and recently had two TIAā€™s so they know my history,theyā€™ll do it when they are good and ready,the surgery are only doing 65 and over, just thought with one through work Iā€™d get in early.

How did you manage your hip you daft apeth.

The schools are giving kids flu vaccine without parentā€™s permission or notification, big arguments going on, so Iā€™ve heard!
Thatā€™s not on, if true!

Its parent running to 111 when kids have just a cold thatā€™s jamming the system up now apparently.

I think parents have to give consentā€¦ here is a note from a website about this.

How will parent/guardian consent
be obtained?
A consent form and information leaflet provided by the
healthcare team will be used to seek parental consent.
Parents will also be provided with a contact number
for the healthcare team in case of any queries. Forms
should be returned by the deadline agreed with the
team. You may be asked to collect these forms from
parents on behalf of the healthcare team or it may be
done electronically.

This is the linkā€¦
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/902790/Flu_vaccination_programme_briefing_for_school_team_and_headteachers.pdf

Good grief Tess.

That seems very wrong to me.