Flu jabs - have you had yours?

I have one every year myself and would never encourage somebody to do without theirs.
If we get a flu epidemic in Britain, it will cost the NHS a fortune to look after those who are not protected and will take up beds that others, with serious illness, may need.
If realists theory is right and the Cochrane investigation is correct then I wonder why he is wasting his time talking to a bunch of pensioners on a website. I am sure the NHS will not be wanting to waste money on medicines that don’t work, when they have so little money to work with.:!:

You can go with the science, or stick to spanking a chicken, prayer, or other rituals, but the fact remains that for the bulk of the population vaccinations greatly reduce the spread of many diseases depending what they are aimed at.
The Science Behind Vaccine Research and Testing
How Vaccines Are Made And Tested

https://www.health.ny.gov/prevention/immunization/vaccine_safety/science.htm

More specifically about the Flu Shot:
https://www.health.ny.gov/diseases/communicable/influenza/seasonal/what_everyone_should_know.htm

Thanks for that Shadowman, good links to back up the worthiness of having a flu jab.:slight_smile:

New York State? :confused:

It may not be the best Ruthio, but if the Cochrane report had any validity do you think the NHS would be paying for flu jabs that don’t work? :lol:

Last year I almost pleaded with my doctor to give me a home visit when I was very poorly, but she said I didn’t fit the criteria! She argued, couldn’t I get a cab to the surgery? In the end, I gave up and it was a further 5 days before I felt well enough to leave the flat. And that was to attend a gp apt at my local hospital walk in centre. And all I was given were sleeping tablets and rehydration sachets! Hardly expensive NHS care!

I was stunned at the response from my own surgery and their reluctance to offer help when I felt I needed it. And yes, that was an URTI after having the jab. In most cases we are left to cope on our own.

I remember you telling us that at the time Jazzi !:roll:

Quite.

A lot of people live there…

Sorry if I’m boring you. :lol:

I don’t know what you did to deserve that, Jazzi.

Jazzi I don’t think twink selected the right smilie, I’m sure she didn’t mean anything like that came across.

[SIZE=“3”]Jazzi,[/SIZE] I’m inclined to agree with Julie here.
I may be wrong, but I suspect Twink’s smilie was aimed at your doctor’s apathy, not you.
I think she would be mortified if she realised, honestly.
Cheer up sweetheart. x

I’m astounded at the naivety in those statements Twink. Truly if your GP said straight to your face that the vaccine was useless I think you’d still have it !

The flu vaccine is a MAJOR aspect of the profits of GP surgeries. GPs receive chunky fees for giving vaccines and receive significant bonuses if they can persuade or pressurise enough of their patients to have vaccinations.

One person contacted the Scottish government directly to ask exactly what GPs were paid to push the flu vaccine. The response was thus:

[I]"Costs vary in as much as GP practice must achieve specific percentages before being paid under the Childhood Inoculation programme. On the other hand, for the Seasonal Influenza programme, where a practice achieves at least 40% of vaccinating those aged 65 or over they receive £8.85 per immunisation.

Should a practice achieve more that 75% this increases to £9.39. Where a practice does not achieve at least 40% then they only receive [/b]£7.17[/b] per immunisation"[/I]

This is very significant money on top of their already lucrative GP salaries.

Such is the importance of this PROFIT to GPs that some are threatening to delist their patients if they either flatly refuse vaccination or go to pharmacies to get their jabs.

ChemistAndDruggist website reports:

http://www.chemistanddruggist.co.uk/news/flu-jab-patients-threatened-gp-surgery-delisting

“[B]LPC chief officer Yogendra Parmar said “at least one” GP surgery in the area had also “threatened some patients” with being removed from the surgery’s list of patients if they decided not to receive their jab from their GP.”

When the government allowed local pharmacies and other private organisations to sell the vaccine a short while ago there was outcry amongst GPs who saw their lucrative profits evaporating.

A newspaper article from 2015 stated that :

“Boots offer the flu jab at £12.99, Lloyds at £10, Superdrug provide the service for £9.99 and both Tesco and Sainsbury’s charge £9.”

The flu vaccine is clearly very big business indeed.

Here is one of the outcry comments posted at the time:

“This is fascinating. As a dispensing practice we lost 50% of our dispensing income recently because a pharmacy opened nearby. Why can pharmacists have it all ways. Where was patient choice when they all wanted to remain with our dispensary? I am also damned if I am going to send reminders to patients to be vaccinated, at my own cost, for someone else to profit from it.”

In the US the CDC operates the AFIX programme which “incentivises” health workers for pushing out vaccines.

In the UK NHS also have dedicated bonus programmes for their employees to get them to push the flu vaccine hard.

This is all one huge mega-profit scam for the vaccine manufacturers and all the associated and corrupt organisations along the food chain. It’s a scam worth literally £billions and isn’t likely to go away any time soon.

While ever they can convince utter naïve people to take up useless flu vaccines through their “campaign of fear” they are absolutely laughing and “quids in” !

You’d think with the mass of evidence out there that people would have wised up by now, but it seems not. They will make any excuse under the sun to try and justify their lame emotional responses none of which deal with the scientific fact, the peer reviewed studies, which categorically prove that the flu vaccines are nothing more than snake oil.

In addition to my GP practice pushing the injection, I have also been invited to have it at Boots, my regular pharmacy. However, they insist that they’ll do it for free!

I suppose that may be because of my age or the fact that I’m diabetic. Considering I’m a tight-fisted Yorkie, I suppose I really ought to have it if only to save myself £12.99!

You’d be better off emigrating to Australia where a flu jab is either free or $10 (£5) at a Pharmacy.

I wouldn’t eat a turd just because it was free. Neither would I allow a bribed GP to inject me with toxins just because it was free.

The flu vaccine is a total scam.

It’s free on the NHS if you qualify Bruce, also many pharmacies will do it free again if you are at risk.

[quote=“JBR, post: 1067953”]
In addition to my GP practice pushing the injection, I have also been invited to have it at Boots, my regular pharmacy. However, they insist that they’ll do it for free!

/QUOTE]

Do you think it’s a conspiracy to catch you JBR?
It puts me in mind of when shops ring each other to warn shoplifters are doing the rounds. I reckon the GP rings Boots when you are going into town. If Tesco and Superdrug ask you as well - I’d be very suspicious. :lol:

[quote=“Mups, post: 1068046”]

Just because I’m paranoid I don’t think they’re not out to get me!