Floydy's All-Time Top 1000 Tracks

Yes, I do remember the Jumpin’ Jive stuff. He was very talented and a great loss when he died.

No.948-D.K. 50/80-John Otway & Wild Willie Barrett-1980

I don’t remember that song but I do remember Otway & Barrett.

I liked this one man :cool:

No.942-I’m Your Puppet-James & Bobby Purify-1966

A great song imo. This is silly but I had no idea bobby Purify was black.

No.939-Love Is Like Oxygen-Sweet-1978

Doesn’t it just fill you with joy hearing The Sweet! Once again, I heard them on the radio just yesterday but singing Ballroom Blitz. I always thought that the ‘You get too much you get too high, not enough and you’re gonna die’ line was brilliant.

He’s not dead! :shock::shock::shock:

When I looked it up for the video I was surprised how old ‘I’m Your Puppet’ was, LD. I had to change my date to 1966, rather than 1976. Same here too, I didn’t know they were black.

I really only like that song by The Sweet. Ballroom Blitz is okay but the early ones are a bit bargain basement stomping stuff you’d hear at a middle-aged singles disco night at the CIU club. :lol:

I saw the Tube once back in the late '70s … fantastic night. I remember that song well (what do you want from life), also one about Television with the singer sitting & standing on top of an old box TV on wheels whizzing across the stage. The drummer soloing on his platform on wheel getting shoved around. Mad. :mrgreen:

Is he not? Sorry Joe me old mate. :blush:

I have no idea why I thought that. ??

Apparently he is 65.

Blockbuster was also a favourite of mine although Little Willy and coconut were a bit naff.

I do know that Michael Jackson’s father, who was also called Joe died not so long ago. Maybe it was him you were thinking of?
But he was black and didn’t walk with gorillas down his street. :lol:

A very underrated vand i thought, d00d.
They will be seen again soon, though not with their obvious song. :cool:

:mrgreen::mrgreen:

It’s odd but it is almost impossible Google Joe Jackson, you just get Michael’s dad.

Lol. Use Wikipedia mate, there’s some good info on the white Joe on there :cool:

or use Google.co.uk … not Google.com

if you use Chrome, you can change your homepage.

Half a dozen more…

No.935-The ‘Sweetest’ Girl-Scritti Politti-1981

No.934-Tainted Love – Where Did Our Love Go-Soft Cell-1981

No.933-Through The Barricades-Spandau Ballet-1986

No.932-The Paris Match-Style Council-1983

No.931-Black Books-Nils Lofgren-1995

No.930-Real Life-Joan As Police Woman-2006

:slight_smile:

Thanks d00d.

No.933-Through The Barricades-Spandau Ballet-1986

Probably one of the best for showing off his voice - I have never liked him much as a person but enjoyed most of the band’s songs. made appearances on ‘Benidorm’ too. :-p

931 and 930 would be my picks so far.
Particularly Joan Wasser aka as police woman.
Very nice.:slight_smile:

Real Life - by Joan as Police Woman

wooo … nice. :smiley:

Thanks … not heard that before.

It’s wonderful isn’t it?
I first heard it whilst watching the TV series ‘Sons Of Anarchy’ a while back, it was on the soundtrack to a very distressing scene in that programme. I must check her out and see what else she has recorded. :cool:

The Nils Lofgren song appeared in ‘The Sopranos’, which is where I heard that first too.

I’ m going to make her my Disc of the Day.pop pickers.

I’ve been listening to her second album : To Survive.

There’s some nice tunes:

One of my top tracks.