Floydy's All-Time Top 1000 Tracks

I think he added the bass line without a bass guitar. :smiley:

but I’m guessing, he was copying what Wyman had composed earlier. :102:

Never mind,it all sounds good.That’s the main thing :slight_smile:

Were today’s extra songs to anybody’s tastes?

Not mine.

Love the Oasis song, nice video, nice sound, honest rock, good 'n meaty. :smiley:

Not mine.

That’s the trouble with doing the 1000…there’s bound to be a lot of shite.

Top 200 might have focussed your choices a bit keener.

Posting these without my reasons from now on. We can always discuss any of them later if you wish :cool:

No.944-Johnny And Mary-Robert Palmer-1980

No.943-I Found Lovin’-Steve Walsh-1987

No.942-I’m Your Puppet-James & Bobby Purify-1966

No.941-For Your Love-Yardbirds-1965

No.940-Fanfare For The Common Man-Emerson, Lake & Palmer-1977

No.939-Love Is Like Oxygen-Sweet-1978

No.938-What Do You Want From Life?-Tubes-1975

No.937-My Love Is A Liquid-Tubeway Army-1978

No.936-Bear Cage-Stranglers-1979

Happy Birthday again you old sod.
Great Robert Palmer tune, Yardbirds and ELP as well plus a little Sweet/ner can listen to them all anytime of the day.
Great choices so far fella enjoying the thread but not saying much as usual… :lol:

Lol! Yeah mate, one day you’ll be my age etc etc…:surprised:

Nice to see you pop in though. Good to see you enjoying it all, but like myself I call in to these type of threads as and when something tickles my groin. :lol:

Yes, I do remember the Jumpin’ Jive stuff. He was very talented and a great loss when he died.

No.948-D.K. 50/80-John Otway & Wild Willie Barrett-1980

I don’t remember that song but I do remember Otway & Barrett.

I liked this one man :cool:

No.942-I’m Your Puppet-James & Bobby Purify-1966

A great song imo. This is silly but I had no idea bobby Purify was black.

No.939-Love Is Like Oxygen-Sweet-1978

Doesn’t it just fill you with joy hearing The Sweet! Once again, I heard them on the radio just yesterday but singing Ballroom Blitz. I always thought that the ‘You get too much you get too high, not enough and you’re gonna die’ line was brilliant.

He’s not dead! :shock::shock::shock:

When I looked it up for the video I was surprised how old ‘I’m Your Puppet’ was, LD. I had to change my date to 1966, rather than 1976. Same here too, I didn’t know they were black.

I really only like that song by The Sweet. Ballroom Blitz is okay but the early ones are a bit bargain basement stomping stuff you’d hear at a middle-aged singles disco night at the CIU club. :lol:

I saw the Tube once back in the late '70s … fantastic night. I remember that song well (what do you want from life), also one about Television with the singer sitting & standing on top of an old box TV on wheels whizzing across the stage. The drummer soloing on his platform on wheel getting shoved around. Mad. :mrgreen:

Is he not? Sorry Joe me old mate. :blush:

I have no idea why I thought that. ??

Apparently he is 65.

Blockbuster was also a favourite of mine although Little Willy and coconut were a bit naff.

I do know that Michael Jackson’s father, who was also called Joe died not so long ago. Maybe it was him you were thinking of?
But he was black and didn’t walk with gorillas down his street. :lol:

A very underrated vand i thought, d00d.
They will be seen again soon, though not with their obvious song. :cool: