Flirting - right or wrong

Flirting is good for the soul…if you feel like being playful, and mean only to put a sparkle in someone’s eye and nothing more, what is the harm?

I flirt a lot, am encouraged to continue, but won’t cross the line with anyone in any kind of relationship . I come home alone by choice, but love the lightness of flirting. At any age…
But it has been noted earlier that if I were serious about getting to know someone, I wouldn’t flirt.

2 Likes

I am reminded of an incedent a few weeks back as I made my way to the supermarket. A very attractive woman was coming in the opposite direction and gave me the most beautiful smile. To be honest I did not think that she was maybe flirting my first thought was wind.
Long time since I was smiled at by an attractive woman in fact any woman.:smiley::smiley:

2 Likes

I have noticed that since mask wearing has become non-mandatory, more people seem to be smiling and more so than before C-19 ravaged the country. . . long may it continue!

There is nothing like being patted on the head by an attractive Lady. :grinning: :biking_man:

I wouldn’t know it has not happened in quite a while. :grinning:

Shave your head Man, get slapped, life’s too short not to. :man_pilot:

1 Like

Hi
Innocent flirting is fun, it is a giggle in stressful circumstances.

If it makes people smile and does not offend or make them uncomfortable is is fine.

I tell jokes and flirt a bit in hospital, I can make the nurses giggle.

I pay them compliments about their tattoos , hair etc.

The jokes are about men, not women.

I have been known to tell them that I am far too old for them and wish I was 50 years younger then ask for their grannies phone number.

It amuses them.

2 Likes

Anywhere! The office, the supermarket, the pub, the bus queue, the pub, the library……

I have a very flirty relationship with the guy who owns the hot chilli sauce stall in local market, he’s a mate of my old man.

He looks me up and down and jokes with a wink he doesn’t think my husband goes short on hot stuff or something similar and I comeback with something like seems to have a good supply of hot stuff himself etc etc……

We’re just playing, we’ve been doing it for years, but the eye contact and laughs and it being so corny give us both a boost!

4 Likes

During my working life, if I’d noticed any flirting, I’d have swiftly put a stop to any of that. The working environment is only for working and anything other than work should be for outside of the office. My teams and a managers knew exactly what was expected from them, with everyone pulling in the same direction. The occasional hair-down party was exempt and even then I never noticed anything really outrageous, but then I did not over intrude on the merriments.

1 Like

Yes, a wise manager knows when to remove the fuse from the Photocopier. :grinning:

Yep right after we have all taken a picture of our bums at the office party. :rofl:

I could always spot any unobserved misappropriation of the Xerox machine from the traces of toner on clothing/legs etc … nothing escaped my hawk-eyes :grin:

Flirting is fine if people know the limits

Wot, no banter? I expect they did it when you weren’t looking, then?

I suppose it depends on what work you do, but our job requires a robust personality and a bit of banter and flirting builds team spirit

I haven’t ever photocopied my bum, wouldn’t that be a Covid hazard :rofl:

But heck, there’s still time, two years until I retire.

Might have to switch the paper to A3

1 Like

You have never lived, as for a COVID hazard I think you will be fine. :grinning:

Just don’t photocopy your lips afterwards. :grinning:

Eugh!

[quote=“MrFraggle67, post:79, topic:63476, full:true”]

I’m beginning to realise that ……:rofl:

1 Like

Hi

Exactly right Rhian, you should never make the other person uncomfortable.

Intensive care, with a Central Line and an arterial line,.

This means you cannot move, you are absolutely no threat, so the jokes are no threat at all.

The medics are just as much non PC when they get to know you.

Think of your fantasy women, it is much easier to change your catheter when you do.

Brutally true.

I told her I only wanted to be a friend and not have a full relationship.
I heard from a friend of hers, she was contemplating leaving her husband.
It was not helped by others in the office leading her on.