Flexiseq & other pain relieving creams

The arnica salve from neal’s yard can be definitely be used on cracked skin as I didn’t have a bad reaction or irritation. The packaging only warns “avoid contact with eyes”

https://www.mountsinai.org/health-library/herb/arnica#:~:text=Arnica%20is%20used%20topically%20for,in%20the%20treatment%20of%20burns.

I said not to use it on cuts, Annie.
I would never use it that way.

Here is a simple write up:

Precautions. Arnica is generally safe when used on the skin. However, using it for a long time may irritate the skin, causing eczema, peeling, blisters, or other skin conditions. Arnica should not be used on broken skin, such as leg ulcers.

Anyone who advises this to be used on cuts, doesn’t know what they’re talking about.

I’m interested in this Arnica Salve, but Neals Yard are out of stock. The reviews are all really good though (no wonder, by all acounts) I’ll need to try and find it elsewhere :frowning_face:

Not at Weleda either…blimey!

Oh no! This little one is in stock if you wanted to try it. I’m glad I stocked up recently on 4 jars. Hope they get it back in stock it lasts forever.

1 Like

Pixie, try Ainsworth’s, but their website is a pain!

https://www.ainsworths.com/ainsworths-creams-ointments/

Failing that Holland & Barret usually have it and sell it online if there is not a shop near you.

I usually prefer to buy from the actual pharmacies that make the product, not the shops with untrained staff that have not trained in homeopathy. I find they just want to flog you something.

P.S. Just checked H & B online, and they have some. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks @AnnieS & @Mups I have an H&B in town, so I’ll check there first, tomorrow then try online, and then, failing that, I’ll try to get the smaller version online :+1: Thanks so much!

2 Likes

The only thing that puts me off the tin is, you keep sticking your fingers in it, over and over again.
Even different family members might to the same.
With a tube of ointment, what you don’t use is still clean and protected until you need it.

1 Like

Amazon stock Neal’s Yard Arnica Salve but it’s out of stock .

1 Like

Voltarol is great for muscle pain relief , it has helped me

2 Likes

Just found a site with the 45 grams salve
www.cosmetic-junkie.com

1 Like

That’s not a secure site and it says they are closed for summer vacation so likely to be in the US.

1 Like

Thank you anyway :blush: Must be really good stuff if its sold out everywhere though :astonished:

Found it 45 grams in stock @ Neals Yard Remedies ,Manchester shop

1 Like

Doh! Why didn’t I think of trying the Glasgow shop. This is what happens when you get into the habit of buying online or local!

Right if I can’t get it locally I’ll get the train into Glasgow and get some :+1:

1 Like

I think they must have supply chain issues. I’ve noticed it’s harder to find things like this which is why I bought several. I also stocked up on their calendula cleanser which I really like. I don’t normally spend so much on such products but with Neal’s yard they are worth the extra money.

1 Like

Yes they are pretty expensive, I’ve tried a few of their skin creams over the years, and their lip balms…but I’m looking forward to trying this out.

1 Like

Where are they, Zuleika, is that an American site?
Their website kept freezing on me and it said it wasn’t secure.

Whoops . .

Sorry,. just seen Annie said much the same.

Just wondering if the plant Arnica comes from has not grown or even died off in the dreadful drought conditions this year, like many farmer’s crops have. It’s not been a good growing year for growing much.
The plant itself (Leopard’s Bane) has some toxic qualities, that is no doubt why they say do not put on open wounds and cuts. Even rabbits and Deer won’t touch it.

This is interesting from Wiki:

" Arnica montana, also known as wolf’s bane, leopard’s bane, mountain tobacco and mountain arnica,[3] is a moderately toxic European flowering plant in the daisy family Asteraceae. It is noted for its large yellow flower head. The names “wolf’s bane” and “leopard’s bane” are also used for another plant, aconitum, which is extremely poisonous.

Arnica montana is used as an herbal medicine for analgesic and anti-inflammatory purposes, but there is insufficient high-quality clinical evidence for such effects, and it is toxic when taken internally or applied to injured skin.

1 Like

I had a look at that earlier out of curiosity. Romania and Mexico came up. As NY use organically grown that narrows down the supply route. The salve also has sunflower seed oil which we (now) know may be sourced from Ukraine. There’s also lavender, ginger and rosemary oil in the mix. So I think the sunflower seed oil might be the limiting factor.

1 Like

Here’s one that’s got lots of good reviews .
Fisiocrem Solugel
I think a lot of pain comes from muscle cramps around joints