Flexiseq & other pain relieving creams

Flexiseq is advertised as a non drug treatment to rub into painful joints etc.
Never having been troubled by what seems to be a demon who jumps from one place to another inflicting pain causing muscle spasms here and there , …today it’s my thigh reaching from knee to hip …thought about trying Flexineq .
Has anyone used it with good results or you might recommend another ?

Hi

This is what the experts have to say.

https://www.nice.org.uk/advice/mib80

Thankyou Swimmers I had already read up on the product .Over 50 people have looked at the OP but there are obviously no members who have either used Flexiseq or recommended anything else .
Must not suffer pain that could be relieved by other than medication .

I looked up the contents of this product, and it contains, amongst other things, Parabens and BHT.
This would put me off using it long term.

" The concern with these chemicals is that scientific studies suggest that parabens can disrupt hormones in the body and harm fertility and reproductive organs, affect birth outcomes, and increase the risk of cancer. They can also cause skin irritation"

With the BHT -

" BHT is safe in the amounts found in processed foods. But there isn’t enough information to know if it is safe to take BHT in medicinal doses."

And Polysorbate 80 -

" In particular, fosaprepitant, which includes polysorbate 80 in its formulation, has been associated with an increased risk of HSRs (heart) and other systemic reactions including anaphylaxis; most recently, anaphylactic shock has been added per the 2017 label update.

Thankyou Mups all of that would put me off the product completely .

Me too.
Trouble is, the majority of products designed to ‘help us’ seem to soothe one problem, but create another instead, so then we have a new complaint we need help with - and so it goes on…

It’s not just tablets and such, either.
Most things we rub on our skin get absorbed, because skin in porous. This is why I am so careful about body creams, face creams, and anything else like that, too.

1 Like

Most medication has a consequence, just depends if it’s worth it.
I would only take a prescription recommended by my doctor.
The only tablets I take are for occasional migraines

1 Like

Hi

Like Ripple I only take prescription medications.

Some of these are very strong and have noticeable side effects

My condition is inoperable, so the drugs keep me alive.

I am not going to suddenly drop dead of a cardiac arrest.

I take between 23 and 27 a day.

All good fun.

1 Like

My mum used frelxiseq for a while for arthritis. It has about the same effect as voltarol 2.32% gel but is more expensive. She didn’t have any side effects but didn’t report wonders either. It works as well as most other such topical pain relief products. She also uses arnica salve from neal’s yard which she finds gives her a lot of relief. That one is all natural. Tiger balm is good too (the red one)

Thanks Annie that will be the Arnica Salve which contains warming ginger ,cayenne and rosemary ?

The Arnica cream is good for bruising. I have always kept some at home, but buy mine from a homeopathic pharmacy. I also have the Arnica tablets to aid the healing too.
Arnica (or most homeopathic remedies) are safe for me - and my dogs too! :grinning:

Really, for Arhtritis, it may pay people to check on homeopathic Ruta Grav and/or Rhus Tox creams and tablets. Weleda’s website is ok -

I buy mostly from Ainsworths Homeopathic pharmacy though.

I do have some Tiger Balm, but haven’t needed to use it so far.

It’s good for lots of things. Great at healing dry skin conditions on the feet (the neal’s yard one). I’ve used it for years since I had a really bad ankle injury. Heals gently and smells divine too. So I suggested it to my mum for her severe pain and was pleasantly surprised it helps support painful joints too. It’s like a wonder plant.

It’s funny though but I’ve never tried it on bruising. I would go for a raw potato poultice for that (or burns). Didn’t people used to put a steak on a black eye? I remember seeing that in cartoons as a child. Seems a waste of good food.

It really is designed mostly for bruising Annie. :slightly_smiling_face:

A quick exert from one of my homeopathic books:

Arnica Montana (Leopard’s Bane).
The action of this plant is practically synonymous with a state resulting from injuries or blows. It is known as the ‘Fall Herb’ and is found growing in mountainous regions. It has a marked affinity with blood vessels. It’s use is for all conditions where injury and bruising occur and where skin remains unbroken.

• BTW way, it’s not to be used on cuts or broken skin, only unbroken skin. That is important.

I have several Aloe plants here. I keep them for burns, insect bites and sunburn.
Honey is also said to be good for sunburn:

" Honey is naturally moisturizing, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory. It’s great for all kinds of abrasions and will help soothe your sunburn in no time. Apply a few dabs of honey on the burn and rub it in."

Anyway, that’s enough from me now. :slightly_smiling_face:

The arnica salve from neal’s yard can be definitely be used on cracked skin as I didn’t have a bad reaction or irritation. The packaging only warns “avoid contact with eyes”

https://www.mountsinai.org/health-library/herb/arnica#:~:text=Arnica%20is%20used%20topically%20for,in%20the%20treatment%20of%20burns.

I said not to use it on cuts, Annie.
I would never use it that way.

Here is a simple write up:

Precautions. Arnica is generally safe when used on the skin. However, using it for a long time may irritate the skin, causing eczema, peeling, blisters, or other skin conditions. Arnica should not be used on broken skin, such as leg ulcers.

Anyone who advises this to be used on cuts, doesn’t know what they’re talking about.

I’m interested in this Arnica Salve, but Neals Yard are out of stock. The reviews are all really good though (no wonder, by all acounts) I’ll need to try and find it elsewhere :frowning_face:

Not at Weleda either…blimey!

Oh no! This little one is in stock if you wanted to try it. I’m glad I stocked up recently on 4 jars. Hope they get it back in stock it lasts forever.

1 Like

Pixie, try Ainsworth’s, but their website is a pain!

https://www.ainsworths.com/ainsworths-creams-ointments/

Failing that Holland & Barret usually have it and sell it online if there is not a shop near you.

I usually prefer to buy from the actual pharmacies that make the product, not the shops with untrained staff that have not trained in homeopathy. I find they just want to flog you something.

P.S. Just checked H & B online, and they have some. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks @AnnieS & @Mups I have an H&B in town, so I’ll check there first, tomorrow then try online, and then, failing that, I’ll try to get the smaller version online :+1: Thanks so much!

2 Likes

The only thing that puts me off the tin is, you keep sticking your fingers in it, over and over again.
Even different family members might to the same.
With a tube of ointment, what you don’t use is still clean and protected until you need it.

1 Like