Five aides to Boris Johnson resign from No 10 - and one is "moved"

Four senior aides to Boris Johnson have resigned from Downing Street within hours of each other amid growing pressure on the prime minister.

Director of Communications Jack Doyle confirmed his exit shortly after the departure of policy head Munira Mirza.

No 10 Chief of Staff Dan Rosenfield and senior civil servant Martin Reynolds also quit their jobs on Thursday night.

The top aides’ resignations come as Mr Johnson faces increasing questions over his leadership from within his party.

Mr Doyle told staff that “recent weeks have taken a terrible toll on my family life”, but that he had always intended to leave after two years.

Drama … :103:

For me there comes a point where if my dignity and integrity were being questioned, then I would step aside to preserve my pride. However, I was also taught that the one thing you have at birth, the one thing no one else can take from you is your good word. Never propose any venture you’re not willing to follow through with. Never accept payment unless you’re going to do 110%, regardless of how much you get paid. In the end it comes down to being a person of dependable integrity. BJ is not IMHO

3 Likes

They were probably having parties and quit when they had a chance

1 Like

No one has ever accused BJ of having integrity, as far as I know. Many other names come to mind, but not that adjective. Shame, really. I do believe he tries to be the nice, lovable guy at No. 10. He hasn’t a clue how to achieve that. He gets in his own way.

3 Likes

Elena Narozanski had been a member of No 10’s policy unit under Munira Mirza, who quit on Thursday

Hi

The 3 men were all involved in the Party Scandal.

The two ladies who resigned are not.

The first one is a working class Muslim from Pldham, with a brain the size of a Planet.

She does not believe in MultiCulturalism, she believes in working hard at school, then at Uni and then getting a good job.

She refuses point blank to wear a head covering and is hated by the Radicals.

She resigned because Boris refused to apologise for his lies about Starmer.

Rishi Sunak has also said that Boris was wrong to make his accusation.

The latest lady to resign was another one of his advisors, a lady of great principle.

The two ladies are going to cause problems for Boris.

3 Likes

I hope so … :smiley:

Will there be 5 leaving parties at Number 10 or just the one I wonder? :rofl:

1 Like

Good point … :+1:

I suspect none as they are no longer illegal so no fun?

1 Like

It seems to me that Bunter brings all of these accusations down on himself.
He shares a lot of similarity with his ‘namesake’, the creation of Charles Hamilton, in his physical appearance, that he has been to a public school and yet is a bumbling fool.
I’m surprised that his incompetence has enabled him to continue for so long in his present position, and disappointed that he has done so much to disadvantage our country.

1 Like

Someone needs to put a hot blonde in front of Boris to distract him away from Carrie and her stupid net zero green agenda.

Then he can dump her and stop the country reverting to 1974.

Angel is a blonde! I wonder if she’s open to offers…
for the sake of the country, of course.

Stiff upper lip and all that :lol:

Boris Johnson braced for further resignations of Downing Street aides

Some government ministers said to be considering their positions after head of PM’s policy unit quit.

Lord Gavin Barwell, who served as Theresa May’s Downing Street chief of staff, said on Friday that some ministers were considering their positions following Mirza’s departure. “Large numbers of government ministers are deeply, deeply uncomfortable with the way the prime minister is behaving. Lots of people are considering the dilemma Munira faced,” he told the BBC.

A good friend of Carrie Johnson has left Boris Johnson’s team of top advisers as the prime minister shakes up his Downing Street operation, Number 10 has confirmed.

Henry Newman will return to work with Michael Gove at the Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities, having previously been his special adviser.

Mr Newman was once described by Mrs Johnson, a former Conservative Party head of communications, as one of her “favourite people” and is said to be a regular visitor at the PM’s Downing Street flat.

The PM is understood to have been urged to get rid of Mr Newman as a senior adviser over accusations his wife was influencing his appointments and government policy - which No 10 has strongly denied.

Does Carrie approve … :question: