First post introducing myself

Hi everyone, I’m a newbie. I live in Queensland Australia. My hobbies are painting, crafts, playing the ukulele and learning other instruments and learning Japanes. I have a Bluetongue Lizard called Mamma Jolene,

5 Likes

Welcome jenears ! Enjoy your crafts ! I also enjoy musical instruments, mainly strings. I also like photography. Other than I was a professional electrical engineer in different parts of the world - except Australia!

2 Likes

Hi there jenears. Looks like you have a busy old life going on there. Be good to see some of your work.

2 Likes

Welcombe jenears hope you can teach me! I struggle with my Guitar and the ‘uke’ looks easier…but is it?

2 Likes

Hi Jenears; Welcome To The Forum :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hello jenears, a warm welcome to Ocer50sChat. :grinning:

I hope you enjoy your time here with us…

2 Likes

Welcome to a great forum Jenears.

2 Likes

Another from the land of Kangroos, welcome. Just hop or jump in and make yourself comfortable.
I have cousins in Sydney and internet friends in Brisbane.
I see your leaning Japanese. Having been there among other countries you have to learn the correct amount of bowing down. for casual meetings a slight bow is correct. for friends and people you know a slightly deeper bow is required. For family and close relatives an even deeper bow should be given.
The only problemis having been there for a time when you get back hom you tend to find yourself doing the same thing.
Japanese pearl diving demo done by women as they can hold their breath longer under water

2 Likes

Welcome Jen, be aware, matron lurks with the meds each night at lock up

2 Likes

Hi Jenears :slight_smile: Welcome to the Forum :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Welcome, Jen! We are looking forward to you joining us. Good folks here.

2 Likes

Hello, Welcome and Enjoy!

1 Like

Hiya Jen,

Welcome to the forum, have a good old rummage and make yourself at home! :+1:

2 Likes

Cummon Jen, break the mould, stay a while :grin:

3 Likes

What instruments do you play?

1 Like

Thank you. I will post my work eventually, I’m still Forest Gumping my way around this website :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I think it is. I tried learning guitar years ago and just couldn’t take to it. Also th Uke is easier on your fingers

2 Likes

I would love to visit Japan. What parts of Japan did you visit?

1 Like

:joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

we went to see Mt Fuji but it was covered in cloud

sulper fumes , strange people they put eggs in it to turn black then sell in the shops

A Japanese castle

unless your desperate don’t even ask

Local “church”
Gets moved every 2 years to the plot alongside to prevent insect damage

1 Like