Finger Nails colour

IMG_0300

What colour are your finger nails and are they your own or false ones.

These are my nails, Lilac and they are all my own, no false ones.

3 Likes

Wow!!..you must have strong nails,Susie, they look lovely.

I had gel nails, unfortunately they chipped and looked awful, then I had to have the gel removed professionally.

I clean and garden to much ,as I can’t stand wearing any type of glove for cleaning, I wear gloves when I garden though, not those rubber ones…

So my nails are natural.

1 Like

I also do loads of cleaning without gloves.

I do trim and shape my nails every weeks, sometimes they break though.

1 Like

I would never wear false nails. At the moment they are just their natural colour - I do sometime wear nail polish when going out - usually a shade of pale pink made by Essle and named “Ballet Slippers”. Love that shade of Lilac, Susie.

My nails are a manly mess. Chipped, broken, an unloved, unkept, in a delicate shade of diabetic pink. (No artificial colour added)

Hi

What lovely hands Susie.

There are many much younger ladies who spend a fortune trying to get hands like that.

2 Likes

Your nails look lovely Susie
I no longer have gel or acrylic nails. I try to keep them filed in to a uniform length and shape but no colour.
When I remember I rub Almond oil in to them which stops them and the cuticles from drying out (apparently!).

I’ll take a photo once I’ve filed them!

1 Like

Susie, You have lovely nails… unlike mine!
My nails have never been great, only when l spent 10 days in hospital after childbirth and didn’t have do any work!

In my teens, l used to eat a jelly cube every day and rub my nails with some red, or pink stuff that was supposed to strengthen your nails and make them grow. It never really worked!!
These days, my nails aren’t great as l do lots in the garden, or put them in hot water!

I always put nail varnish on when l go out out!
I use Boots No7 Stay Perfect (Milan). Probably, old fash but l like it and it sort of matches my lipstick, Sugar Plum.

If the nail varnish gets too thick, l put a tiny bit of Acetone/Nail varnish remover in the bottle to thin it down a bit!

Oh to have those natural nails like Susie.

When I was a cook, I remember an elderly lady who was staff, she told me she wore false nails for years, then she had them taken off and her own nails were brown, which stands to reason because, how can natural nails breath with false nails, even nail varnish and gel nails like I had done?

Just filed and neatened.
I can let the tips grow to about double that length and get away with it but after that they start breaking.

1 Like

Very neat, Rhian. My own are similar in style - but am not going to photograph them today - I have been pickling mushrooms ready for Christmas - Ooops - later in the year, so they are somewhat stained!!

Ch…ch…ch…chris…what!!!

1 Like

Don’t enourage her, Rhian…seriously. Once that word is uttered we will never hear the end of it! :joy:

Your nails look good to me Rhian, very neat and tidy.

Years ago I used to be a nail biter.

1 Like

Your nails look lovely Susie & the colour is nice.

Personally I don’t bother with nail varnish. I’m not proud of my hands & I don’t like to draw attention to them. I keep my nails trimmed & tidy & that’s all…

Cheek!

1 Like

Do you enjoy Ch…r…rr… err the Winter festival then Tabs?! :grin:

1 Like

Absolutely love it - have to start early with the cards as currently have 150 to make. Buy gifts throught the year as I see appropriate things in the shops - also make a lot of gifts when I can - my friends seem to appreciate them. Don’t like to see the shops starting it in August though !

1 Like

What. The. Heck. :scream:

1 Like

LOL - I have not bought a card for any occasion since I took early retirement in 2004.

2 Likes